Summit Panama Canal 4/14/07

newhips

Hi,

try posting on roll call/ may be a bit early yet but keep trying and soon you will be joined by many others. we are doing the same cruise in feb, 07. Havnt seen a posting yet but will start one come this Feb. Enjoy. You will meet many wonderful people on these threads. enjoy !

Hi,

try posting on roll call/ may be a bit early yet but keep trying and soon you will be joined by many others. we are doing the same cruise in feb, 07. Havnt seen a posting yet but will start one come this Feb. Enjoy. You will meet many wonderful people on these threads. enjoy !

I thought I'd throw out a quick line on the general boards, but you probably are right about the Roll Calls.Thanks for the reply. I love these boards - we had a great one for our Mercury Amigos 10/31/05 Cruise that went on for over a year!!!! :) :)

as we just got off 2 weeks ago. DO NOT GET AFT CC 9th deck! Between the noise of a wooden floor above with wooden furniture on it with chairs falling as well as table falling over, the sound was like a war zone. Then they use a pressure washer to clean at 2AM & 5AM so everything from up there is on the balcony below especially 9201 which we had.

Amazing that Connie & Infinity we had the same stateroom with no noise or water & undesirables from above. So Summit is a loser in many areas.

I was also injured do to poor assistance getting a crowd back on the ship. 96 degrees & they had beverages & iced towels to cool folks off. But the Trashcans for both are on both sides of the gangway. So nice folks wait for people to be out of line of cups going to the left can & towels to the right can. Well the ship is swaying & the gangway isn't locked to steps or other item to keep it stable. It is jumping at folks falling with a noise. I am next to board & see the cans, so I pitch cups to the left & as I give the right can my towel the gangway falls on my foot & then moves down to my toes as the ship moves out. Then I am screaming for help & the men working there just look & do nothing. Then the ship moves in & it clamps down on my middle 3 toes making a wish with my first & last ones. My husband got guys in line to pick the ganway off my foot as the Celebrity personnel come running over yelling at them. I pass out from pain & awake to a cold towel on my foot that is taken off & we are told to go back to our stateroom, put ice on my foot keeping it up. A guy takes my hand & expects me to walk with him. I aksed if we are headed to the doctor & he says that is only for emergencies. I am not? So my husband & I ride to 3 to the Purser's desk where he tells them what happened. They come to see me & my foot which is 4 times the size of my right one. So they get the Doctor to see me. No wheelchair is accessible, no crutches, not even a surgical shoe since my shoes was cut in half on the top. He tells me I could have lost my toes.

Xrays, happy pills and big bags of ice were strapped to my foot with wraps. This was me for a week!

We to to sail again on her May 20th for a Reunion cruise, but we may cancel. My travel insurance is checking things out from Safety Officer who wrote the accident report since his staff didn't. The Doctor who contacted him for us. And another couple that the same thing happened to, she lost her shoe to the ship, but she got her foot out before it clamped on it. They made a report on it also. I am deserved 50% refund as is my husband since we were not able to enjoy excursions, parties, etc. Formal night in bare feet? So having insurance helped. They are doing the dirty work with the cruiseline to get 50% off future cruise or refund. YEAH CSA!

MaCop,

Last time that happened to me the ships staff had a blue light they shined on the injuy. If it showed up there was yucky stuff there, you got an upgrade to the Royal Suite and a Pool Butler at your service for the entire cruise to take you to the pool and bring drinks and cold towels.

If there was no yuck, you were out of luck!:rolleyes:

Macop, I bet there are many, many travelers that have had mishaps happen to them at one time or another...either on a ship, or at an airport, or in hotels...but they keep their unfortunate circumstances to themselves.

We realize that you were injured, but the issue here is, that you have this compelling need to broadcast your desired "entitlements" each and every day.

Due to the fact that you continuously have a tale of woe, it does make you appear as the person who cries WOLF.

We know, we know your story, some may even feel your pain...but to try and taint future cruisers against traveling on Summit just doesn't fly...

The readers on this board are far too intelligent to buy into your proproganda.

Karyn

I'm sincerely sorry that you suffered an injury, but since you seemed to be very aware of how the ship was moving around, perhaps you needed to be paying more attention to what you were doing. According to your own description of yourself, you are young and able-bodied. Most people who cruise frequently know how treacherous that situation can be.

As far as washing down the deck in the middle of the night, were you out there? I guess you would prefer that they don't clean the ship? If you have any drips on your deck, your room steward would be glad to wipe them up if you just ask politely. I've sailed in that same cabin and had no problems. I expected to hear a little furniture moving so it didn't surprise me when I heard an occasional squeek. Not a big deal.

"happy pills and big bags of ice were strapped to my foot with wraps. This was me for a week!"

to the above quote for the poster..................I know what I am talking about since I am a retired E.R. Nurse.........the "happy" pills work much better if you swallow them, not tape them to your foot!

Oh, to the OP.........you'll love it, 98% do.

catmand- You are kidding right? :confused: I thought you ALWAYS taped happy pills to your feet when feet are the ones injured. The rest of you doesn't hurt, just the feet. Now I understand why my happy pills never made me happy just sleepy.:p :rolleyes:

I was on Summit in October and had cabin 9160...that is on the

9th deck I believe......and we had no problems with noise.

Actually, it was quite the opposite. We heard Paul playing the guitar

and he was very good:)

And all the other items mentioned....if they happened on our

cruise I never heard them. I slept like a baby every night.

Quote:

"Summit is a loser in many areas"

In my opinion that is one of the most false statements I have

ever read.

Summit is a winner to me and I would sail her again in a heartbeat.

I am so glad that i also know better. Summit is a lovely ship with a wonderful crew and we are looking forward to our 07 panama cruise with great anticipation !!!

Our last cruise on Connie, we had a great CC group but their was one woman who was unhappy about EVERYTHING. complained about every single morsel of food she put in her mouth...etc...etc...

We just ignored her ramblings and enjoyed ourselves and all the other friends we met.

I cant imagine how she must react during a real problem or crisis...in truth its very sad.

Happy holidays everyone

Nadine

zHving omething happen to y our foot on vacation is no fun, I will agreel

I was there when Teedee (Teri) hurt her foot on the tender form Hell -- it was a real boogey bear -- and she ended up with surgery and weeks off work. I offered to witness for her if she wanted to sue the insurance or the cruise line or whatever but she elected to tough it out.

Once returning on an airline from Paris, the staff ran a drinks cart into my foot and crushed it against the seat in front of me. (Sounds difficult to do, but I was doxing and may right leg was crossed so it stuck out in the aisle a bit.)

It too swelled up and the stewardess brought me a bucket of ice and I sat with my foot in it all across the ocean and most of the U.S. the airline gave me a free roundtrip ticket in compensation, but I didn't get to use it. My daughter "borrowed" it and forgot to return it. My foot still cramps up in cold weather and that was a dozen years ago.

The only thing I was irritated about -- there were emplty seats in first class where I could have stretched that foot out instead of having it down on the floor for the whole flight -- but they were not allowed to move me. That is not the worst thing that ever happened to tht leg, however = and most of them were all my fault.

I am not badmouthing American Airlines, however. Still my iarline of choice.

Accidents do happen while traveling. Lots of them, and frequently. That's why I never travel without insurance. I just expect the worst, and I am happy with everything that is better!!!!

here's to cruising -- and fair skies and peaceful seas ion your future!

love

joan

Hi - We've pretty much decided to make this transit our next cruise and we're looking for anyone who has already booked it or is thinking about it. :)

We've booked and so have several others. We do have a roll call going so check it out! We booked several months ago and our first four choices of cabins were not available so it may be a full ship. Welcome aboard and look forward to meeting you.

Just hope no one goes over to our roll call and starts complaining about getting their feet hurt on the Summitt.;)

We've booked and so have several others. We do have a roll call going so check it out! We booked several months ago and our first four choices of cabins were not available so it may be a full ship. Welcome aboard and look forward to meeting you.

Just hope no one goes over to our roll call and starts complaining about getting their feet hurt on the Summitt.;)

Hi mechcc - I checked into the roll call yesterday - waiting for somebody to post since then. Can't wait to meet everybody and chat on the boards about the cruise - If I remember right, a few have done it before, so there should be some good tips.

I just raced over there and posted. I'm sure the others will check in but it may be awhile. Seems most posters are going in about once a month for right now but sure it will pick up as we get closer. It does seem like a good group and you and your bride will be an assest for sure.

Archived