Grandeur- CRASH starboard side??

You will see it too...

Actually, it looks like a "mom and pop's shop" repair- it's banged up alright, but just body repair painted over...

I guess it must not affect integrity of ship, as they are sailing away just fine- and I am sure no one on board is having any less fun ;)

No worries...and Bon Voyage. I guess I was just curious...

You mean to tell me that they are not fixing it???? It not like they don't have the money with how much they charge for these cruises...
They can't fix her until she is dry-docked. She must run well and a dent in the side of the ship will have no effect on anyones experience.

Just returned from 5-night on Grandeur and saw major dent you speak of. Looks a bit rough but didn't hear much of it on cruise. This was my first cruise and the Grandeur lived up to my expectations: great food, good entertainment (super comedy acts), wonderful service. Guess I'm hooked on cruising now.

:D

Here's a link to a thread started by cruise critic member zachnlucy, who was on the ship when it happened:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=167476

Lots of interesting information there, kind of a play by play of the whole thing.

It was actually quite a mess, since the ship had to be repaired before putting to sea. They were stuck there for a couple days as they flew in crews and materials for the repair.

Everyone assumes they will fix it pretty during the next drydock. Imagine the outcry if they cancelled a cruise just to make the dent look nice! :)

Theron

I can't find them now, but there were some pictures that someone had posted of the damage. Were some really amazing pictures, even had a picture of that captain standing right next to it scratching his head, it was priceless.....If anybody knows the pictures i am reffering to, please post them again, hehehe :p

I can't find them now, but there were some pictures that someone had posted of the damage. Were some really amazing pictures, even had a picture of that captain standing right next to it scratching his head, it was priceless.....If anybody knows the pictures i am reffering to, please post them again, hehehe :p

Hmm... there used to be pictures posted on that thread I gave a couple posts ago, but they appear to be gone now. I don't know where any others are.

Theron

Archived