Upgrade Beverage Package

HD2003

We just booked a cruise yesterday during the 5 day sale and received the free Classic Beverage package. Does anyone know if you are able to upgrade to the Premium and just pay the difference between the packages?

yes, you can upgrade to the premium package...the upgrade is $10 plus 18% gratuity.....and you can do that through your TA, or on the ship at any bar or guest services when you board. I'd suggest that you may want to wait to upgrade....to see if it's really worth it. If you have the classic drink package and order something that costs more than the classic $ limit, you just pay the difference (plus tip). You really lose nothing if you wait....same price, very easy to do when you board.

Personal experience is to first see if the classic suits your drinking.

If it doesn’t than find a bar that you may be frequenting the most and/ or a BT that makes the drinks the way you like them and is friendly. Than purchase the upgrade from them because they get the entire 18% gratuity on the upgrade cost. They really appreciate it and usually results in them being very accommodating and extra friendly during the rest of the cruise.

Trust me because as Tonto would say “Me tell em truth” from my personal experience.

Drink up 🍹🍸🍻🍾🥂

Sort of off subject. I recently read on the new Celebrity website that Elite Plus get a 10% off of beverage packages...not just a wine package. Has anyone ever used this discount to upgrade to the Premium? Also read where the Specialty restaurants are 15% off for Elite+. In all of our Celebrity cruises, and never knew that. How do you go about getting these discounts while onboard?

yes, you can upgrade to the premium package...the upgrade is $10 plus 18% gratuity.....and you can do that through your TA, or on the ship at any bar or guest services when you board. I'd suggest that you may want to wait to upgrade....to see if it's really worth it. If you have the classic drink package and order something that costs more than the classic $ limit, you just pay the difference (plus tip). You really lose nothing if you wait....same price, very easy to do when you board.

Hum...on our last cruise (Silhouette 2016) we were told by a Sommelier that we has to upgrade to the Premium Package if we wanted to get the better wines. I believe the classic package capped wine by the glass at $9. I assumed I'd just pay the difference if I wanted something more expensive. However I was told I wouldn't be able to. So what she explained is that the Premium got me wine up to $13 a glass PLUS the ability to pay the difference if it the glass cost more than that.

Does it sound right or wasI just fed BS to force me to buy a package?

Hum...on our last cruise (Silhouette 2016) we were told by a Sommelier that we has to upgrade to the Premium Package if we wanted to get the better wines. I believe the classic package capped wine by the glass at $9. I assumed I'd just pay the difference if I wanted something more expensive. However I was told I wouldn't be able to. So what she explained is that the Premium got me wine up to $13 a glass PLUS the ability to pay the difference if it the glass cost more than that.

Does it sound right or wasI just fed BS to force me to buy a package?

Sounds right for 2016.

The policy changed since then (early 2017?) and now you only pay the difference in price (plus 18% gratuity) when on the Classic Drink Package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sort of off subject. I recently read on the new Celebrity website that Elite Plus get a 10% off of beverage packages...not just a wine package. Has anyone ever used this discount to upgrade to the Premium? Also read where the Specialty restaurants are 15% off for Elite+. In all of our Celebrity cruises, and never knew that. How do you go about getting these discounts while onboard?

I did the upgrade on-board on a cruise early last year at a bar. I was surprised when I was billed $10.62 a day instead of $11.80 and then figured out that the 10% elite + discount was applied to the upgrade price. I guess you could try to do this in advance, but dealing with Celebrity HQ..or trying to get your TA to get the discount may be more difficult. On the ship, it just happened.

The 15% discount is (well should be) automatically applied when you get the bill to sign at the end of your meal. It applies only to the list price of the restaurant. If you negotiate or are offered a discounted price on-board or you buy a discounted package, it doesn't apply...you only get one discount

Sounds right for 2016.

The policy changed since then (early 2017?) and now you only pay the difference in price (plus 18% gratuity) when on the Classic Drink Package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! Glad Celebrity did the right thing. The previous policy didn't make any sense, other than being extortionate. My friend, who drinks a glass of Champagne every other day, will be glad that he won't have to pay the full price but just the difference with $9.

I did the upgrade on-board on a cruise early last year at a bar. I was surprised when I was billed $10.62 a day instead of $11.80 and then figured out that the 10% elite + discount was applied to the upgrade price. I guess you could try to do this in advance, but dealing with Celebrity HQ..or trying to get your TA to get the discount may be more difficult. On the ship, it just happened.

The 15% discount is (well should be) automatically applied when you get the bill to sign at the end of your meal. It applies only to the list price of the restaurant. If you negotiate or are offered a discounted price on-board or you buy a discounted package, it doesn't apply...you only get one discount

Thank you! I did not know this. I will make sure to ask when we are onboard. We always take the first nights discount for being in Blu. Normally 50% off. But after that, we have been paying the going rate if there is not a special. A discount had never automatically been applied.

Regarding Specialty Restaurants and the Elite discount, we would have always mentioned when making the reservation that we were Elite because I wouldn't count on the staff being able to note it.....however, we have always been able to negotiate a greater discount on our own so we've never used the Elite 15% discount...

We normally do also. However, on our last cruise in May, they gave us the 50% off the first night for being in AQ. And after that, when I asked about a discount, I was told that there wasn't one for certain nights.

I have never told anyone onboard that we are Elite +. We graciously accept what they give us in perks, but didn't know about the beverage or specialty perks. ;) I will certainly ask!

I totally agree with the others. Wait and see if you need to upgrade. For us, the Classic works fine. I am a beer drinker and can get the occasional margarita with no issues. Hubby drinks Beam or Makers Mark and can get those on the Classic.

So unless you have to have high end liquor or craft beers or high end wines, you may find the Classic works just fine