Would You Take The Chance? Wait for Booking After Final Payment Date?

CeeCee59

Well my waiting paid off. Got the cabin we wanted (Caribe deck balcony - aft) and an 8% price reduction. I would only have done this after thoroughly researching how many cabins were available, checking obsessively every day to ensure that there were no last minute group bookings, and being willing to take a "less desirable" cabin. So now to join the roll call! Happy sailing folks.

We frequently book well after final payment. This last one we were 60 days before sailing and got a fantastic price (60 per person per day including taxes and port fees on a 10 day mexican obstructed view). I always aim to be $80 or less per person per day when it's just a quick getaway cruise.

Now if it were a sailing we haven't done before or traveling with companions, we'll bite the bullet, pay more and book early. Our cruise after this one is a new itinerary. We booked a suite, which 4 of us will share. Booked under the sip and sail (grown daughters get the booze part, hubby and I the soda and more), prepaid tips and 2 specialty dinings. I'm happy with the price we paid.

I know I miss out on getting the sales, but we really don't need much other than the ship and shorts weather.

I am so lucky to be within driving distance to a cruise port!

We frequently book well after final payment. This last one we were 60 days before sailing and got a fantastic price (60 per person per day including taxes and port fees on a 10 day mexican obstructed view). I always aim to be $80 or less per person per day when it's just a quick getaway cruise.

Now if it were a sailing we haven't done before or traveling with companions, we'll bite the bullet, pay more and book early. Our cruise after this one is a new itinerary. We booked a suite, which 4 of us will share. Booked under the sip and sail (grown daughters get the booze part, hubby and I the soda and more), prepaid tips and 2 specialty dinings. I'm happy with the price we paid.

I know I miss out on getting the sales, but we really don't need much other than the ship and shorts weather.

I am so lucky to be within driving distance to a cruise port!

With sip and sail you got grats or is that from your TA?

As one who just lost out on a cruise that I'd been following for months, I'd say book early. The cruise was there on Saturday....and when I was ready to book on Sunday, it was gone. I was totally at fault--I should have placed a hold on Saturday. Live and learn. I did book a different cruise, but at a significantly higher price.

With sip and sail you got grats or is that from your TA?

The prepaid grats and the extra specialty dining was from the TA. We didn't get a discount on the fare with particular TA though. But for us, the price was acceptable with a addition of the extras.

The prepaid grats and the extra specialty dining was from the TA. We didn't get a discount on the fare with particular TA though. But for us, the price was acceptable with a addition of the extras.

Thanks for answering......Always nice to be happy with the "deal" on your cruise......in a suite don't you receive specialty dinning from the cruise line as well...at least it was that way the last time we had a suite. Have a wonderful time:D