Pre-Paid Gratuities

AKR2011

I am having an issue with NCL.com and wonder if anyone else has experienced it. I just pre-paid my gratuities, and I want to print out my new vacation summary that shows that I've paid. However, it does not show anywhere in My NCL that I have paid them. In fact, I can add them to my cart again. Very strange. Does anyone know if it takes a day or two to clear or where else I might look for a receipt? I pre-paid for a dining package at the same time, and that is there. Very strange.

1) Login to MyNCL

2) In "My Account" "View Reservation" of the cruise you are interested in

3) Choose "Holiday Summary"

4) Scroll down and open "Pre-Pay Service Charge"

5) if you have paid then you will see the following:- "Payment Summary

Listed is the total amount that has been paid for prepaid service charges on your holiday."

If that is there you are 'good to go'.

1) Login to MyNCL

2) In "My Account" "View Reservation" of the cruise you are interested in

3) Choose "Holiday Summary"

4) Scroll down and open "Pre-Pay Service Charge"

5) if you have paid then you will see the following:- "Payment Summary

Listed is the total amount that has been paid for prepaid service charges on your holiday."

If that is there you are 'good to go'.

It still asks me to pre-pay the gratuity and add it to my cart. I may need to call. I just want something that proves that I have paid. I tried printing the vacation summary, the booked items, everything. My meals that I paid for tonight are there, my beverage package and OBC are there too. But no pre-paid gratuties/service charge/whatever you want to call it.

OK; when you get to "Holiday Summary" look at "Payment Status" and you may well find that you owe the DSC. When you tried to pay it previously all that might have been done was that it was moved as a charge to the "Payments" section. If so pay it from there. I had to do that even though I had put it in my 'cart' and thought I had paid from there.

I am having an issue with NCL.com and wonder if anyone else has experienced it. I just pre-paid my gratuities, and I want to print out my new vacation summary that shows that I've paid. However, it does not show anywhere in My NCL that I have paid them. In fact, I can add them to my cart again. Very strange. Does anyone know if it takes a day or two to clear or where else I might look for a receipt? I pre-paid for a dining package at the same time, and that is there. Very strange.

If you "just" now prepaid, that is the problem. The site says it can take up to 24 hours for payments to show.

Also, when you receive the new/updated Confirmation Summary via e-mail, if everything went through correctly, you'll see in the upper right-hand corner a new Promo Codes listing, which will be PPSRVCHG.

Have a great cruise! :)

Why would one PrePay service charges? just curious.

to get it done and over with it as soon as possible and it lessen the bill you get at the end of the cruise.

if you have an old booking before they changed the service charge price, you can still pay it at the old price. if you wait until you get on the ship, you have to pay the newer price.

Why would one PrePay service charges? just curious.

It makes the bill easier to review while on board; NCL posts the service charge for each person, for each day, as you go along, leading to 14 lines of information you don't really care about on the TV screen. Prepaying makes checking the TV for your bill information much easier as anything added to it is something you actually are purchasing. Also, we like to have the entire vacation paid for before we leave home as much as possible, so it fits in more with our plan to have very low charges on our bill as we disembark.

It makes the bill easier to review while on board; NCL posts the service charge for each person, for each day, as you go along, leading to 14 lines of information you don't really care about on the TV screen. Prepaying makes checking the TV for your bill information much easier as anything added to it is something you actually are purchasing. Also, we like to have the entire vacation paid for before we leave home as much as possible, so it fits in more with our plan to have very low charges on our bill as we disembark.

I do it just because it's easier to read the bill and keep track of charges. It's not like the bank is paying interest on the money.

Thank so all! Yes, I realize that I am pre-paying the service, not technically gratuities. Sorry for that error, but thanks to all who understood what I meant and tried to help. I was finally able to reach NCL. They are having technical problems, and even though my meal package that I purchased with the service charge shows up on my account, they have no record that I bought that either. Apparently I need to wait a few days and look again. I pre-pay for a couple reasons by the way:

• Sometimes they decide to raise the price without notice. I like to pay ahead to avoid any extra charges
  • I like to start with a clean slate on board

So heads up to all: Just avoid paying for anything on NCL for a couple days,

Hey, there are those of us who get annoyed at people who make a fuss about saying you are paying "service charges" and not "gratuities". Especially when they do it in all caps. It's a matter of semantics. The industry still use the terms interchangeably. The IRS also understands that it's basically semantics and have issued rules in certain situations.

So don't stress that part.