Crab legs

Mtn.gal

Mtngal, someone here said they aren't serving crab legs, at least not in the past year. icon_eek.gif

I lost track of the thread, because I wanted to know why: disease, overfishing, etc.? I will be cruising in Alaska in July and was also looking forward to the crab legs. icon_frown.gif

Went to Alaska on the Star Princess 8/03 and they had the crab legs. Did not have them on the Dawn Princess this past week's Carribean cruise. We had them on previous Carribean Princess cruises though. Cut backs everywhere!

was on the Island P in August 2003 to Alaska and YES!! Alaska King Crab legs... And they were wonderful....

Elation-04/01 Mexico

Radiance-4/02 Panama Canal

NCL Sun -6/03 Alaska

Island Princess 8/03 Alaska

Rhapsody-2/22/04 Mardi Gras

Sun Princess 5/04 left Coast

Coral Pricess 4/05 Panama Canal

Anyone know about this on Celebrity?

------------------------------

3/1995 Viking Serenade

3/1996 Majesty of the Seas

8/1999 Monarch of the Seas

5/2000 Monarch of the Seas

9/2002 Enchantment of the Seas

12/2002 Celebrity Galaxy

09/2004 Celebrity Summit 14 Day Alaska

• 2 months later...

My 15 year old daughter was really looking forward to crab legs on our Alaska trip in 3 weeks. Are there any new updates on this? We will be on Dawn Princess July 19th.

If no crab legs...is it mainly salmon on the Alaska cruise? What other seafoods might they offer?

I remember my son (5 at the time) having salmon and halibut nearly every night when we went on the Carnival Spirit 3 years ago. They had king crab legs too.

Sorry, no help about what Princess is currently serving, but I'd love to head up there and find out! Maybe next year... *sigh*

If they do not have crab legs on the menu, ask your waiter. As long as you give them a port day in advance they will order them for you. I was just on the Star Princess in Jan and our waiter just brought out platter after platter and put them on our table!!!!!YUM YUM:D

My 15 year old daughter was really looking forward to crab legs on our Alaska trip in 3 weeks. Are there any new updates on this? We will be on Dawn Princess July 19th.

If no crab legs...is it mainly salmon on the Alaska cruise? What other seafoods might they offer?

We had crab legs on the Sun. There was a seafood entree at every dinner and lunch, the usual stuff, such as scallops, halibut, salmon, etc. Lobster (very good) on second formal night. There was also a seafood grill offering of shrimp, halibut, salmon, etc. one day.

Have fun!

We were on the Sun Princess last week. We had crab legs, as well as lobster and scallops. We also had halibut, my husband said it was the best he ever had. Salmon was very good also. Shrimp cocktail available as an appetizer every night.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Celebrity Summit. They did not

serve king crab legs, or any type of crab legs in the

regular dinning room. Do not know about the Normandie

resturant, where charges $30 per person, though.

Whoooooooohoooooo! We had crab legs on Coral Princess a couple of weeks ago. The next night they had lobster tails (and it was my birthday!!). What more can you ask?
Were you having King crab legs or snow crab legs?

They served crab legs on the Star Princess in Alaska last July. I liked the lobster tails on the second formal night better. I had the best crab--Dungeness--at the Bamboo Room in Haines. When we went on our cruise to New England and Canada on Princess, the best lobsters were in Halifax and Boston. The lobster tails, while tasty, just aren't as good as a fresh whole lobster.

Archived