BA to Val Jan 29.

ruthslaughter

We were on a different cruise line earlier this year which went around the Horn starting in Valparaiso and ending in Buenos Aires.

I'm sure you know this but it will be summer in South America when you begin your cruise so the temperature in Buenos Aires will likely be 85 degree farenheit or higher. But, as your cruise works its way south it will get much cooler and then as you end the cruise in Valparaiso the weather will be much warmer similar to Buenos Aires. So, for this cruise I would recommend a combination of warm weather and cold weather clothing. For some of the shore excursions where it was cooler we took a sweater, winter jacket, hat and gloves. We basically dressed in layers.

The scenery will be spectaular.

Not sure if you are stopping in Punta Arenas but if you are and they offer the excursion to see the Penguins I would highly recommend this. It was a wonderful excursion. But dress warmly as it is right off the water and it was a rather windy day.

Keith

We did the trip on the MS Amsterdam up to Seattle. BA is a wonderful city and plenty that one can enjoy. Shops are great also.

If I were a few years younger, I would think about living in Chile. BA and Santiago are two cities you will enjoy. Try and spend a few days in each.:) Happy Sailings....Leslie Swiger

Archived