HOTS - Help With Boardwalk vs. Central Park and Which Deck, Please!

RadioPeri

Hi Fellow Cruisecritics,

My husband and I are longtime Royal Caribbean cruisers, but are first now planning an Oasis class cruise.

As such, I am confounded by all the cabin choices, and would really appreciate some input. Normally, we are oceanview balcony cruisers, but the cost is prohibitively more expensive on the sailing we're looking at, so we're going to venture to a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony. The rates are similar (the Boardwalk cabins are about $100 pp more), so I'm wondering what the difference is, substantially. Is there a reason to book one over the other?

Also, there seems like greatest availability on decks 12 and 14 (with a few scattered here and there on lower decks). Again, is there a reason to favor one over the other? We don't mind stairs. We don't mind longer walks to the cabin.

For now, all of these rooms seem like having a terrace in a high-rise apartment looking at one's neighbors, and VERY different from what we are used to, so I'm really hoping for some guidance in making our selection!

Boardwalk has a shot at getting a small view of the water and tends to be cooler. Central Park tends to be quieter.

For either, I'd avoid deck 14 so as not to be directly below a public deck.

One trick I've learned from here...try searching for staterooms for your cruise on the UK site. It seems to show many more staterooms available. The US site (assuming that is where you are looking) only shows some of them for some reason.