AFT pool confusion ???????

famof4togo

Carnival decides each week who will be allowed in the aft pool based on who they deem appropriate. Carnival hasn't shared publicly what their criteria is to make that determination, but passengers have reported it seems to change based on unknown criteria.

So if that is important to you, make your booking accordingly. This is one area where Carnival chooses to not publicly state their policy.

Carnival DOES NOT decide each week what the aft pool policy is, according to the Captains and Officers I have personally spoken to about this issue at Diamond guest parties. The family friendly policy has been totally revoked. Carnival may change it again sometime in the future, but for now, week to week, every sailing on Conquest class ships will have an aft adult only pool and hot tubs.

I don't follow JH's blog, but I seem to recall that posters here on CC said the BA has made "pronouncements" about the change back to adult only being permanent.

As for overall public cruiseline policy, all the lines are guilty of being somewhat silent about certain issues, like crime on board, illnesses, suicides, ship disabilities, accidents at sea or hitting docks, etc. Sometimes the only way we learn about some of this stuff is from the lawyers or press raising the issues. I'm thinking you can't make money from a suit about family/adult only so even the lawyers were silent here.

Carnival DOES NOT decide each week what the aft pool policy is, according to the Captains and Officers I have personally spoken to about this issue at Diamond guest parties. The family friendly policy has been totally revoked. Carnival may change it again sometime in the future, but for now, week to week, every sailing on Conquest class ships will have an aft adult only pool and hot tubs.

I don't follow JH's blog, but I seem to recall that posters here on CC said the BA has made "pronouncements" about the change back to adult only being permanent.

As for overall public cruiseline policy, all the lines are guilty of being somewhat silent about certain issues, like crime on board, illnesses, suicides, ship disabilities, accidents at sea or hitting docks, etc. Sometimes the only way we learn about some of this stuff is from the lawyers or press raising the issues. I'm thinking you can't make money from a suit about family/adult only so even the lawyers were silent here.

I don't expect cruiselines or theme parks or anyone else to share stats on crime and deaths. And there's plenty of info that you can only find through a lot of searching. But this seems like an odd situation because the change was promoted as a positive thing, a vocal minority became outraged, and it was silently changed back, so that the vocal minority was appeased and the average cruiser didn't know one way or the other until they got onboard.

Carnival's website lists many features for each ship, including every type of kid-friendly activity as well as adults only serenity decks. It would be very simple to add adults only aft pools and whirlpools to the list of features and would clear up confusion.

I don't expect cruiselines or theme parks or anyone else to share stats on crime and deaths. And there's plenty of info that you can only find through a lot of searching. But this seems like an odd situation because the change was promoted as a positive thing, a vocal minority became outraged, and it was silently changed back, so that the vocal minority was appeased and the average cruiser didn't know one way or the other until they got onboard.

Carnival's website lists many features for each ship, including every type of kid-friendly activity as well as adults only serenity decks. It would be very simple to add adults only aft pools and whirlpools to the list of features and would clear up confusion.

I will have to disagree with your assessment. The vocal MAJORITY got it switched back.

• 2 months later...
Hey there,

So sailed many years ago on Carnival and the Aft pool was "adults only" ...thought I read on these boards a few months back that they changed that and all pools were kid friendly now...but just today read some recent reviews that mentioned the AFT pool being Adults only again...so I am confused...

IS the AFT pool "adults only" or for everyone?????????? I'll be on the Splendor if that matters.....

Thanks in advance...fingers crossed to not start the latest "should kids be allowed" debate, genuine question and confusion lol....

Sign said adults only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign said adults only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll be sailing on the Splendor in January to Hawaii. It seems it was changed back to adults only.

Funny, I can remember when the deck in front of the funnel ( on older ships) was a topless deck.

We were on the Valor in November 2017. The adults only signs were up at the aft pool and Security was actually enforcing it. We witnessed several confrontations when they told parents to get their kids out of the pool.

We were in the conquest last week. The aft pool was adults only. We saw it enforced several times. But I will say I didn’t notice any signs that said it was adult Only. But I also wasn’t looking for them.