Drink packages on sale

AnnetteSC

We booked late for a Harmony cruise leaving in March. I've been looking to add deluxe drink packages (although our cabin comes with soda packages included) and noticed that today they have a sale Buy One get One at 50% off. Small writing says it will be calculated at 25% off each package, which should total the same. well, it does not!

Advertised sale picture shows deluxe drink package at $47pp. Banner above says Buy One get One 50% off but, when you place it in the cart, total is $776.44 instead of $582.33 (including 18% gratuity)

When I called about it, I was told the $47 is the already discounted price and, therefore it's $47x2 pp per day plus 18%, which to me doesn't sound right.

I logged in two days ago (before this "SALE") and price was $47 per person. Now, with the special BOGO@50%, the price is the same as if I purchased the packages for two before the SALE.

This is our first time with RCI but this looks like a bait and switch tactic to me! Very sneaky tactics! :mad:

I'd like to hear comments from the RC experts, please. Thanks!

... This is our first time with RCI but this looks like a bait and switch tactic to me! Very sneaky tactics! :mad:

I'd like to hear comments from the RC experts, please. Thanks!

Standard Operating Procedure for Royal.

Well, this may be our first AND last times we cruise with such a sneaky company. :(

It's a shame they have to play these games to get people to think they are getting a deal when in fact it's just the normal every day price.

You would think that people would book based on the merit of RCI's product.

But people love to think they are getting a deal. I don't know how many post I've read from posters who don't really come to this forum a lot and state that RCI was running a sale and I jumped on it.

Truth is you could get that same price most any time within a few dollars either way.

At least that has been my experience.

Bill

Well, this may be our first AND last times we cruise with such a sneaky company. :(

What we've learned is to ignore whatever percentage off Royal advertises, they pull those numbers our of you know where. Just look at the bottom line prices.

They are doing the same thing with the 30% off cruise fare sale. It states "Percentage off is already reflected in pricing displayed".

If you know the discount is is already included in the price it does make it easier in your head to compare prices. But it would be nice if they posted this right up front.

We’re going on the oasis in September and current sale price for the deluxe package is $48 per day. Has anyone seen it go much lower than that?

I've seen it as low as $38 rarely and $44 is fairly common.

I usually book our cruises a year or more out. I have never seen a "sale" that was less than what I paid. Those 30% of the 2nd pax, BOGO, etc are all marketing tactics. The drink package sales our always based on the on board cost, which on our last Oasis was $56 +18%. Bottom line is don't chase the "sale" just compare overall cost and if it's good, BUY IT!

We sail on Enchantment on April 30th. The "sale" price is $50 a day. Will this go down?

No way to know for sure, but if you purchase and the price later goes down, you can cancel and re-order.

I usually book our cruises a year or more out. I have never seen a "sale" that was less than what I paid. Those 30% of the 2nd pax, BOGO, etc are all marketing tactics. The drink package sales our always based on the on board cost, which on our last Oasis was $56 +18%. Bottom line is don't chase the "sale" just compare overall cost and if it's good, BUY IT!

But it's false advertising! The CS rep on the phone told me the $47 was the already discounted by 25% price (which is not mentioned anywhere in the *Details) and that the regular price was $56.

Well, if you deduct 25% from $56, it gives you $42 not $47! Someone should report them and it may just be me! :mad:

But it's false advertising! The CS rep on the phone told me the $47 was the already discounted by 25% price (which is not mentioned anywhere in the *Details) and that the regular price was $56.

Well, if you deduct 25% from $56, it gives you $42 not $47! Someone should report them and it may just be me! :mad:

When I have seen the beverage packages on sale, it never says what number it is off, like the $56 you are saying it says it is off. I have always seen that it is "up to a **% off the onboard price".

If you want the package, find a price you are willing to pay and buy it. If the price goes down, you can cancel and repurchase it at the lower price.

I don't try to interpret how they represent their sales. I find a number I am willing to pay and then I buy. We buy the refreshment package, which I know only goes as low as $18 per day from other sales and sailings we have taken.

We have long ago decided that buying an alcohol package makes no sense for us and even buying the refreshment package, we do not always get our monies worth.

It is very frustrating that all the cruise lines have to play games with their sales, but if I want to cruise, I have to deal with it.

It is supposedly 25% off the onboard price which veries by ship and week. The onboard price has been as high as $65 plus 18% grats

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's all about how you want to read it. Is the $47 before discount or is that the discounted price? Is the $47 25% off the on board price or the previous internet price? No way to tell from that ad.

When our deluxe drink package for our October 2017 Oasis cruise was being sold it started out as "X% Off On Board price". I bought three at $43 and was waiting to buy one more. Then the price jumped $10 per day one weekend and was then advertised as "Pre Cruise Sale". When we boarded the deluxe package was $3 more than the "Pre Cruise Sale". It is what it is!!