Bid upgrade question for Haven Spa Suite

Georgie68

Hello All,

This is my first post as I’ve recently joined this great forum.

We are booked on the Getaway in March in a balcony cabin and have been given the chance to upgrade. We have looked at bidding to upgrade to a Haven Spa Suite but it’s says Please Note you will not get the privileges afforded to Haven. What does this mean? Would we not be able to use Haven areas - courtyard, restaurants etc? Is it just an upgrade of the actual Cabin?

Thanks in advance

We have yet to upgrade using this bidding system but we were in the Haven last year and met several people who were successful in the upgrade bidding system and they had full use of all the Haven amenities.

Having said that, this doesn’t mean things aren’t changing. Are the minimum bids for this upgrade really low?

Our next cruise is on the Jewel, we are in a non Haven Suite. Our upgrade offer is only for Haven suites (we are not bidding) but no where does it say we would not get the benefits of the Haven.

Curious to what others have come across.

Does it say privileges or perks? Where are you reading this? Generally you get the privileges, but Haven rooms come with all 5 perks, the Free at Sea ones (drink package, meal package, shore excursion credit, 250 minutes of Wifi, etc). If you won a bid to the Haven, you only keep whichever perks you had with your original booking.

Haven spa suites get the Haven privileges (access to haven restaurant, courtyard, bar, Butler and concierge). I also like this room because unlike other Haven rooms you get spa access. To me....it’s the best Haven room. To answer your other question, yes, it is an upgraded room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having just left the Getaway yesterday in a Haven Spa Suite - I can say without hesitation that it is MOST definitely worth the price to upgrade. Loved the ship overall, but oh my, how wonderful it was to return to the Haven and the team serving you there. Bid what you are comfortable with and cross your fingers.

• 6 months later...
We already paid for the spa on a mini suite before the bid was accepted. Is the cost of the spa credited to my account when upgraded?:confused: Thanks!:D

I doubt it is done automatically but you could probably call and cancel your spa passes and get a refund or a OBC for the cost of the passes.

I doubt it is done automatically but you could probably call and cancel your spa passes and get a refund or a OBC for the cost of the passes.

Definitely call to have the charge refunded. I don't think they will do it automatically, but the WILL do it. I have seen other posts about this in the main upgrade bidding thread.

We were in a Haven Spa Suite on the July 13 Baltic sailing and it was wonderful! We had booked it directly and did have all the perks. The spa entry was worth every penny, and the Haven restaurant, bar, and sun decks were a true oasis. Spoiled for life! We had sailed on the Breakaway last summer to Bermuda and bid and won a Haven room(not spa). Again, the best decision.