Steakhouse every night?

If the Carnival ship has a Steakhouse we are so there every night! There are many choices so you can have something different each evening....Nothing like true dining at the steakhouse, compared to the banquet fair food you get in the MDR.

You must be thinking of some other steakhouse. The one on Carnival Splendor at least, doesn't even have 7 appetizers, 7 salads/soups or 7 entrees. Assuming there would be a couple of things you don't like, you would be having the same meal over several times and paying an extra $36 for the privilege of repeating meals. However, if there were other specialty restaurants to choose from that would be a different story. That's what I loved about NCL. Lots of choice.

Of course they have choices on every course in the Splender Steakhouse! OP trust me, we eat different things every night when we dine on all of Carnivals Steakhouse....sometimes I enjoy something very much that I would have it two or three nights, but trust me you have choices and you can eat there every night and have something different. Not only is it for better food, but the atmosphere and service overall is excellent.

Carnivals steakhouse blows NCL Cagneys steakhouse away in a heartbeat! Ugh, now you brought back some bad food memories of NCL lol.... but reminding me that Ocean Blue is excellent!

Am I the only one who doesn't like the steakhouse?

We're not overly enthused :D Meals are already paid for in the MDR and in all of our cruises we've never walked away from the dining room still hungry. We've had a few evenings when we weren't overwhelmed with the entrees and ordered an assortment of apps and a salad for our dinner which we did enjoy.

I guess it's our thinking that if we're going to pay $36 each for dinner we'd rather eat in the MDR on the ship and wait for our return to eat at a home town steak house like Ruth Chris.

Wife and I enjoy the food in the steakhouse, but not how long it takes. No exaggeration, it took two hours and 53 minutes the only time we went during the Miracle repo last week, and we were only one of maybe six tables even occupied.

We’ll definitely go back, but will have to make sure to let them know we want to be out in under two hours. Three hours is ridiculous.

We don't want to be rushed when dining, but I think the average dinner there was 2 hours, but you can always explain to your server that you don't want to be served your courses very slow....you can say you have plans to go to the show or something.

Of course they have choices on every course in the Splender Steakhouse! OP trust me, we eat different things every night when we dine on all of Carnivals Steakhouse....sometimes I enjoy something very much that I would have it two or three nights, but trust me you have choices and you can eat there every night and have something different. Not only is it for better food, but the atmosphere and service overall is excellent.

Carnivals steakhouse blows NCL Cagneys steakhouse away in a heartbeat! Ugh, now you brought back some bad food memories of NCL lol.... but reminding me that Ocean Blue is excellent!

For a 3 night cruise there would be a good choice of food if eating at the Steakhouse every night. For 7 nights, not so much. We're going on Splendor which has the old menu. My 3rd time on Splendor with the same menu in the Steakhouse. We are going to go the 1st night but once is enough.

The old menu has 8 starters so as long as you are not a picky eater you can have something different each night. There are 4 salads so you'd have to duplicate here. There are 5 sides. And actually there are 10 entrees so long as you like steak of which there are 4 choices out of the 10. Desserts = 6 choices. I find the dining room menu much more varied and in general very good.

Paddy41-Hi

I rather have the steakhouse menu and maybe repeat eating some appetizers especially my favorite ones! I can't eat in the MDR, they cut back servers and they are really overworked and the service is so lacking its beyond belief....last time I tried to get some more iced tea took a very very long time, when I finally got it my meal was all done...try getting a second cocktail no way that rarely happens with the lack of bar servers there....the food is all banquet quality nothing special and what they give you for a steak if you call that meat?! :o I do admit the lobster always was good and I recall even getting seconds, I guess I can say, if I had to eat in the MDR I only chose the two formal nights, better menu/items and better food I think, but we won't even do that UNLESS the ship doesn't have the steakhouse. At least we have choices.