"Fair and Balanced" Seaside Review Jan 13th-20th YC with family

golfusaofcs

Thank You. I do have a few thoughts. I didn’t want to bundle them with the individual sections.

Thank you for this review. It seems like you have a bit more to add, though? Really love your thoughts on how much prep work helped you make the most of your cruise.

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We are doing the YC on the Seaside next month and were wondering how the dining would be. We also thought it was the only thing lacking when we did the YC on the Divina several times. Sounds like we can enjoy a main meal at lunch and just eat light at dinner. Lobster sounds like it would make up for a lot! LOL!!! Glad you enjoyed your cruise and the YC experience.

Disappointed in your restaurant review.

When on Divina we always were given a glass of prosecco, and offered wine with dinner. This wasn't the case with you? Once in a while we did order a cocktail, and this seemed to throw them at first, then they got used to us.

Cold food was a problem there too. I recall one time the mashed potatoes were cold. Not "warm" but cold. How about lobster night? The lobster tails were huge ..... mine (and I ordered more than one) were fine, delicious, as a matter of fact, but poor dh's was raw inside. So it was for his second service. Third time was good, but you know how it is after sending something back.

Did you have better drink service when you moved? Did you have better over-all service when you moved?

We always ate breakfast in LeMuse. It was always crowded. Strange, the reaction you received.:confused:

Interesting enough YC restaurant is just one of the few places the ship felt understaffed. I felt our waitress was working really hard just too many tables.

Disappointed in your restaurant review.

When on Divina we always were given a glass of prosecco, and offered wine with dinner. This wasn't the case with you? Once in a while we did order a cocktail, and this seemed to throw them at first, then they got used to us.

Cold food was a problem there too. I recall one time the mashed potatoes were cold. Not "warm" but cold.

Did you have better drink service when you moved? Did you have better over-all service when you moved?

We always ate breakfast in LeMuse. It was always crowded. Strange, the reaction you received.:confused:

How did you make reservations for the shows?

Reservations are made using the MSC for me App on your phone, or through one of the many touch screens available throughout the ship. You scan your card in, and then you can reserve.

He was always around when we needed him!

Golfusaofcs...I thought of another question...how did you find the attentiveness of the your butler? There were some posts before mentioning a higher butler to cabin ratio and a lack of presence from them compared to other MSC ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

. Surprisingly they were all out of noodles!! Slightly disappointing since the noodle dishes really looked good. It was only 6:30 btw and we were the only ones eating there. I will give them a pass on this since they are still working out logistics.

TBC

HA! We sailed the week prior an ran into the exact same answer about the noodles. Something is wrong, how can an Asian restaurant be "out" of noodles? Overall, it was a good meal but we had a very similar experience as you.

We were in the Yacht Club at the same time and had a terrific waiter. He never missed a beat, had wine choices for us every night and we also had the sommelier stop by every night. But then again, we (Party of six) were making a night out of it and were never in a hurry. We ate at 6:30PM and sometimes weren't finished until 8:45PM. We booked all the late shows so that we had plenty of time. We did notice couples who came in after us finishing well before us. I do think the waiter makes all the difference. Bob

We were in the Yacht Club at the same time and had a terrific waiter. He never missed a beat, had wine choices for us every night and we also had the sommelier stop by every night. But then again, we (Party of six) were making a night out of it and were never in a hurry. We ate at 6:30PM and sometimes weren't finished until 8:45PM. We booked all the late shows so that we had plenty of time. We did notice couples who came in after us finishing well before us. I do think the waiter makes all the difference. Bob

CT Bob - welcome back! Looking forward to reading your thoughts from your BTB as well.

Thanks to the OP for such a great review....it is so helpful to many of us who will be cruising the YC shortly.

CT Bob and OP - who is the waiter for your group? We are also a group of 8, and plan to request a fixed table and waiter as soon as we get on board. From the pictures in the YC, it looks like there are only tables for 6 people, so we plan to request to combine 2 together to accommodate our group of 8, along with a great waiter....thanks for any advise.

I did not see that happening, however I wouldn’t know where it was happening. Yacht club was pretty empty by design.

Golfusaofcs or CT Bob...there were a few posts on Facebook today about a topic that was discussed here about two weeks ago-the selling of YC day passes. Is there truth to that? Posts on Facebook suggests that yes, it is happening.

Are there many tables for two in the YC restaurant?
Yes, Although some are next to another table for two so almost a table for four. There are only a few that are separate. Run (Do not walk) to the restaurant area as soon as it's open and ask Luigi for what you want. He will try and please you. Bob

Golfusaofcs or CT Bob...there were a few posts on Facebook today about a topic that was discussed here about two weeks ago-the selling of YC day passes. Is there truth to that? Posts on Facebook suggests that yes, it is happening.

Sorry, no knowledge of that. Bob

CT Bob - welcome back! Looking forward to reading your thoughts from your BTB as well.

Thanks to the OP for such a great review....it is so helpful to many of us who will be cruising the YC shortly.

CT Bob and OP - who is the waiter for your group? We are also a group of 8, and plan to request a fixed table and waiter as soon as we get on board. From the pictures in the YC, it looks like there are only tables for 6 people, so we plan to request to combine 2 together to accommodate our group of 8, along with a great waiter....thanks for any advise.

I think there is one table for nine, so they might have to arrange something for you, if they can - they will! Arthur was our waiter and was excellent (We were on the right side when you enter from the hall, left side coming up the stairs) and I heard (Second hand knowledge) that William was best on the other side (Where the table for nine is). Bob