Sampling a cruise

Hello friends, wondering if anyone has been on Carnival Legend cruise ship recently

We have done other cruise lines but never Carnival, so thought we would try a short

cruise from Melb to Hobart in Febuary 2018.

Love to hear your experiences good or bad, or any worthwhile tips, we have a balcony

cabin on deck 7. Cheers

Been on Legend 3 times; my favourite of the 2 Carnival ships. Most of the samplers out of Sydney with all lines are Booze cruises. lots of drunks. will be interesting out of Melbourne. The food is good, the staff fantastic, you will love the Comedy club. I class Carnival as K-mart a great value for money cruise. i hope you love the URNS. Lol

I wouldn’t think a Hobart and back cruise would really be a booze cruise, probably 5 or 6 nights.

Most booze cruises are just a weekend, 2 or 3 nights.

Hobart (out of Sydney) has become our first pick when we want to sample a ship or line.

We know it’s a destination we will enjoy so even if we don’t like the ship, will enjoy our time.

Having cruised almost exclusively with Royal Caribbean, it was not without a sense of nervousness that we boarded Carnival Spirit (Legend's sister ship) in October 2017 for two consecutive cruises (B2B) out of Sydney to Vanuatu and New Caledonia.

We found more similarities between the two lines than differences. I think the food was better on RCI as were the headliners in the theatre. Production shows were on a par. It was great to have the option of the comedy club and we only availed ourselves of the earlier "family friendly" shows. The singing waiters in the dining room were excellent and we were very impressed with Desi, the maître de, and Eli, the Cruise Director.

There was a noticeable difference in the two B2B cruises even though they were a very similar itinerary. At the risk of sounding like a judgemental snob, the second cruise had a few more "bogans" onboard and this gave the cruise a slightly different atmosphere. Speaking of demographics, the passengers on Carnival Spirit were mostly fellow Aussies, where as, in our experience, RCI attracts a more international crowd and a lot more Americans (although still predominantly Australian when sailing out of Sydney).

We booked Carnival because of the great price we got (just over $100/person/day for a balcony cabin :D ) and would be very happy to sail with them again.

We sail with RCI again in 3 weeks. It would have been interesting to sail with both companies straight after each other to be able to do a closer comparison.