Prescription meds

jeeperzz

I wonder how much traveling some of you have experienced??

Of course you shouldn't bring meds into a country where it is banned but you will be on a cruise ship and no one boards the ship to check your luggage or meds that are on board.

Now if you need the meds on shore that may be a different scenario but on the ship there is no problem at all.

Obviously if you are flying into a foreign country you need to check those laws.

USA TSA does not check your meds unless you are carrying tons and tons that look like you might be selling them and not just have them for your personal use.

Let's be specific here. IF you are going to Japan then you need to watch what your are bringing. IF you are going to Mexico or the Caribbean you do not. That's it!

I am going to Japan in May .... hubby has 3 meds he takes for high blood pressure ....I dont take a daily med of any kind but I do use Tylenol 3 every once in a while ....I was going to look up if I could take it and then completely forgot ....so thanks for the reminder ...also any cold medications are not allowed as well ...so out of the little medical kit they go ...And all our meds are always in the original bottle ..they dont take up enough room for the trouble it could cause ...

For Japan you cannot take meds that have codeine or other heavy duty painkillers .

You cannot take allergy pills that have pseudophedrine in them as that ingredient can be used to make meth.

Most normal meds that you take are fine. Vix inhalers are also not fine.

I have been to Japan twice on land and that is the only country I have visited so far with really strict medicine laws that could affect USA travelers.

We always use the pill organizers but that hint to take a picture with your phone is a good thought. In 30 years of cruising no one has ever looked at our pills, although we never used to take so many, but still not even an inquiry.

If anyone cares it will be TSA (if you are flying) and customs.

TSA does not care about drugs. They are looking for anything that could endanger a plane, and a pill or a joint just does not pique their interest. They are supposed to refer any suspected illegal activity to local law enforcement but in reality they are too busy making sure you are safe to worry about your drugs.

Customs does care, however. If you pack exactly how much meds you will need, there will be nothing left to bring back to the country, so probably not a concern either.

How strict are they on traveling with meds in original bottles? I have all my pills in an organizer and labeled. No pain killers or anything like that. Just allergy and cholesterol and epilepsy meds. Didnt want to bring the massive 90 day bottles I get from doc.

thanks

You will be fine in the organizer.