What to do with 1 1/2 year old?

Hazel77

Welcome to the boards! :cool:

Playa Mia Beach club offers a toddler friendly water park plus a variety of food & beverage packages.

Most toddlers will be happy playing in the sand and splashing in the waves or the pool - Paradise Beach is a pay as you go beach club with great facilities, lockers, a HUGE pool, nice beach, and lots of chairs/shade ($3 admission/chair rental) plus good food/drinks/service.

Taxi for up to 4 to either will run about $167 each way. Tip the driver a couple of bucks for the time it takes to install and uninstall your car seat. ;)

You might also check the family cruise board to see what others with toddlers suggest. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Good luck with your planning and have a great cruise! :D

In addition to above you might consider, day pass to Allegra, (smaller quieter splash pool); day pass to Park Royal if docked at Puerta maya or International (no transport necessary but bring an umbrella stroller and walk Oceanside until entrance to hotel); ToursPlaza for private tour _ you can request babyseat or bring your own.

Following along in this thread and wanted to make sure I understood. We are a party of three, 2 adults & 1 15 month old. Is the taxi fare to Playa Mia really $167 each way? I wasn't expecting nearly that much so just want to double check.

I'm leaning towards Playa Mia since it has something for all of us to enjoy.

Second question: Are taxis easy to get for your return to port? We will only stay a short time at Playa Mia then will head back to port for some quick shopping and rest for our son.

Thanks for the feedback.

Welcome to the boards! :cool:

Playa Mia Beach club offers a toddler friendly water park plus a variety of food & beverage packages.

Most toddlers will be happy playing in the sand and splashing in the waves or the pool - Paradise Beach is a pay as you go beach club with great facilities, lockers, a HUGE pool, nice beach, and lots of chairs/shade ($3 admission/chair rental) plus good food/drinks/service.

Taxi for up to 4 to either will run about $167 each way. Tip the driver a couple of bucks for the time it takes to install and uninstall your car seat. ;)

You might also check the family cruise board to see what others with toddlers suggest. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Good luck with your planning and have a great cruise! :D

I think I've figure out it should be $16-17 dollars each way. :cool:

Following along in this thread and wanted to make sure I understood. We are a party of three, 2 adults & 1 15 month old. Is the taxi fare to Playa Mia really $167 each way? I wasn't expecting nearly that much so just want to double check.

I'm leaning towards Playa Mia since it has something for all of us to enjoy.

Second question: Are taxis easy to get for your return to port? We will only stay a short time at Playa Mia then will head back to port for some quick shopping and rest for our son.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, that was a typo. :eek: Taxi fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier (there are 3 cruise ship piers - be sure that you return to the correct one; it can be a challenge after a day of sun and margaritas :rolleyes: ). Bring some smaller bills ($1s and $5s) - cab drivers everywhere never have change when you pull out a $20. :(

Great! Thank you for the suggestions and information. It is so greatly appreciated!

Yes, that was a typo. :eek: Taxi fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier (there are 3 cruise ship piers - be sure that you return to the correct one; it can be a challenge after a day of sun and margaritas :rolleyes: ). Bring some smaller bills ($1s and $5s) - cab drivers everywhere never have change when you pull out a $20. :(