We haven't sailed since 2013. We have always arrived at the port

pharmdawg

at 10:30 ish and gotten on the ship by 11:30 am. We sail this Saturday from Port Everglades on Freedom. Today, I received an email to not get to the port until 12:30 pm. Is this just Royal trying to prevent a crowd at 11am? Is it still ok to arrive 10:30-11am or do we really need to wait until 12:30? Thanks

at 10:30 ish and gotten on the ship by 11:30 am. We sail this Saturday from Port Everglades on Freedom. Today, I received an email to not get to the port until 12:30 pm. Is this just Royal trying to prevent a crowd at 11am? Is it still ok to arrive 10:30-11am or do we really need to wait until 12:30? Thanks

You are correct. This is Royal trying to prevent a crowd. They've been sending out "suggested boarding times" for a few years now but nobody pays any attention to them.

We went on Freedom this past December during a rain storm. We arrived around 10:45 and literally dropped the bags, walked across into the check in area, and walked right on the ship. However, realize that customs from previous cruise and/or other issues can delay new passengers getting on early. We were able to go to windjammer without A crowd for once.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WE are booked on the Freedom on January 28th 2018 and also received this email. Also received one with a countdown clock that would have had us departing Saturday. I had to double check the dates to make sure we are indeed leaving Sunday. So, yes anytime saturday would be too early:D

This is something that used to worry me. My own experience and that from other CC folk seems to suggest that the embarkation time on your sea pass is never enforced. However there is always a possibility, especially at some ports and perhaps on some occasions when crowds become difficult to manage.

The worst that can happen is that you arrive early and have to wait. It's worth taking a chance given that I haven't seen anyone on CC reporting that the embarkation time is enforced.