Royal Caribbean to give workers a 5 percent equity bonus

jsausley

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/cruise-operator-royal-caribbean-results-beat-on-higher-on-board-spending.html

Looks like RCL has hit it's targets to double EPS (earnings per share) over the past 3 years. This results in a 5% equity bonus which vests over 3 years for 66,000 non-executive level employees, which presumably includes staff on land and at sea.

Also they have announced investing into a fund which will seek to upgrade crew living quarters and recreational areas.

This is good news for customers because it means that RCL is still seeking continued growth and profits, so we can expect newer, better ships, improvements to design and hopefully a happier crew (since they're being compensated better).

Nice to have some good news.

Great news. Now I am waiting for the posts of naysayers saying that RC is skimming from it. Or the ones that say the will tip less because they already got their bonus.;)

Go to facebook, you will see people saying exactly those two things lol

Earnings strength was from an increase in Onboard spending.

Look for a further tightening of the screws on the D and D+ customers who min/max everything.

It all changes when the economic downturn comes. But until then, look for a more modest value proposition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Earnings strength was from an increase in Onboard spending.

Look for a further tightening of the screws on the D and D+ customers who min/max everything.

It all changes when the economic downturn comes. But until then, look for a more modest value proposition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Well, we should be thankful for the strong economic swing we are seeing. Record markets, jobs, wages, bonuses, investments..... and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Milwaukee Eight