Dawn Internet Question

pejay

I think I read somewhere that the internet on the Dawn is limited in time available and the number of computers....is this true? Also, how much are they charging? On the Star and Golden there were more than enough computers and the internet cafe was open 24 hours.....charge was 35 cents per minute.

It has been a few years since I sailed on Dawn Princess. At that time the only computers available were located in the Business Office which was only open a limited number of hours during the day. It was not a very convenient setup and when you finally got to sit at a terminal, they set a timer for fifteen minutes and you were limited to that amount of time and had to pay for usage in fifteen minute increments. I think they charged $11.25 for the fifteen minute session which works out to $0.75 a minute. I would hope that they have upgraded their facilities by now and lowered the cost. I am sure folks who have been on the Dawn more recently can provide more up to date info.

Just returned from Dawn Princess. There is an Internet Café now in the area that used to be the Card Room on Deck 7, just forward of the Vista Lounge. There are about 10 stations available for use at anytime and then about 20 more that are used for the Computers at Sea classes, but which also can be used for internet access when the classes are not in session. There is no time limit for use...and I never saw anyone waiting for an open station.

Charges for internet access are $.35 per minute. If you have Captain’s Circle Platinum or Elite status, the access is free.

I think I read somewhere that the internet on the Dawn is limited in time available and the number of computers....is this true? Also, how much are they charging? On the Star and Golden there were more than enough computers and the internet cafe was open 24 hours.....charge was 35 cents per minute.

the rate along princess ships is the same.

I think there is enough computer if you want to spend time.

by the way please remember that the Dawn ....is almost 10 years old.

Please do not compare with the newest ship ,like CB,DI, SA etc, etc.

Just returned from Dawn Princess. There is an Internet Café now in the area that used to be the Card Room on Deck 7, just forward of the Vista Lounge. There are about 10 stations available for use at anytime and then about 20 more that are used for the Computers at Sea classes, but which also can be used for internet access when the classes are not in session. There is no time limit for use...and I never saw anyone waiting for an open station.

Charges for internet access are $.35 per minute. If you have Captain’s Circle Platinum or Elite status, the access is free.

That's quite an improvement over the situation we encountered a few years back, and the per minute rate is better than we have experienced on RCI unless we were interested in pre-purchasing much more time than we cared to use. :)

the rate along princess ships is the same.

I think there is enough computer if you want to spend time.

by the way please remember that the Dawn ....is almost 10 years old.

Please do not compare with the newest ship ,like CB,DI, SA etc, etc.

I’m not sure what the age of Dawn Princess has to do with Internet accessibility. The ship has been adequately modified to meet the need.

we were on the Dawn last April and found the new set up very good compared to the previous one in the business center.

We never had to wait for a computer, they all seemed to be working. We try not to spend too much time on the computer, though, so I'm not sure if there were limited hours.

I just returned from the Dawn about a month ago. Internet access is 35 cents per minute and the Internet Cafe is open 24 hours a day. I never had a problem finding an available computer, even during those times when they were doing the "Computers at Sea" classes in the Cafe. The service was very hit and miss, however. Sometimes it worked reasonably well and at other times it was dreadfully slow. There was about a 2 day period where it was so slow as to be unusable.

Archived