Oasis Family/ companion restrooms

klb1978

Curious if Oasis has any family/ Companion restrooms available? We sail in September and our 5 year old son is very sensitive to loud noises. Public restrooms are difficult for him because of the constant flushing and hand dyers. When out and about I try to use the single restrooms if available because it’s so much less stressful on us both. I’m hoping these type exist on the ship as I imagine it won’t always be feasible to go back to the room. The toilets on cruise ships are SO loud. Also do the public restrooms have hand dryers? Thanks

Yes it’s fine if they flush the same way, overall he just does better if we are in an individual room as then he’s not hearing or worried about hearing all the other toilets flushing. Public restrooms are very difficult for him unfortunately.

Yes it’s fine if they flush the same way, overall he just does better if we are in an individual room as then he’s not hearing or worried about hearing all the other toilets flushing. Public restrooms are very difficult for him unfortunately.

Oasis does have some single, accessible bathrooms that are quieter. If you look at the deckplans, you can see them. On deck 8 for example, there are bathrooms forward of central park that you actually go into a little cabin hallway to use. I never ran into anyone else when I used those. On deck 6, there are restrooms in the aqua theater that many people don't realize are there. Go to the right and they are on the right.

I would just check out the deckplans before you go so you know where the quieter ones are. The wayfinders will also help while on the cruise. Just hit the find a restroom button and it maps your way to the closest, though not the quietest.:)

The ones on deck 8 off Central Park were the ones I used with my blind son. Each public bathroom was designed differently and that one he learned the layout and he could navigate it without me getting a crew member to help him find his way in and out!