I'm not sure where to post this question.....

rexy69

This may get bumped, but I don't know where else to ask this question. I tried asking on Trip Advisor, in the Fort Lauderdale forum, but nobody replied. I'm having a hard time finding out what car rental companies will shuttle you from the ship to their nearby Port location.

I initially booked a car from Alamo, from their Fort Lauderdale Airport location, but then when they sent me the confirmation email it stated there was no shuttle service to the Port from the Airport & vice versa.

So then I was able to read on someone's post that Alamo and some others have rental locations right near the Port. Now I need to know whether any of those Companies will shuttle you to the Port, or from the ship to their location.

I've tried doing mock bookings, but shuttle information doesn't appear. I tried calling Alamo's 1-888 #, but that only gave me a guy at a Call Centre in St.Louis, who didn't know anything about shuttle service.

Has anyone rented a car pre/post cruise that included free shuttle service from the ship to their nearby Port location?

Thanks for the replies. I just booked with Alamo and was able to make the pick up & drop off at both port and airport locations. I'm sure it won't be too hard to get to the ship from their Port office location.

We have booked a car with Alamo in Miami and will return the car at the Alamo Port Everglades office at 1700 Eller Drive. We were informed they have a shuttle to the port. It looks like it may be a mile to the port.[/quote

Perfect! That's all I needed to know....thank you :)