Hotel at Heathrow Airport that has restaurants nearby

Doughball

First time staying in the London area. My wife and I will have 3 nights to tour London. We figure that we will stay near the airport, so that we can catch the transfer to the Royal Princess, in Southhampton. That transfer leaves from Terminal 3 at the airport. We will travel each day to London areas, and then stay near the airport each evening.

My question is: Is there a hotel that we can walk to local restaurants, so that we are not stuck in the hotel itself?

Thanks

Dennis/Doughball

My wife and I will have 3 nights to tour London. We figure that we will stay near the airport, so that we can catch the transfer to the Royal Princess, in Southhampton. That transfer leaves from Terminal 3 at the airport. We will travel each day to London areas, and then stay near the airport each evening.
No, please don't do this. It's an enormous waste of time. It's likely to take you a couple of hours or more to get from your hotel to anywhere in central London, and the same amount of time to get back. Four to five hours a day thrown away in simply commuting to/from an airport you have no need to be near? That's not a productive use of your time.

If you've got three nights in London, stay in central London, and make your own way to Southampton (note spelling for searching) on the morning of the cruise. It's dead easy to do that; you really do not need the cruise line's transfer.

If you have a look at past threads, this is consistent advice given by everyone who knows London.

I am 100% with Golobaliser. Hotels in the Heathrow area are not cheaper than equivalent London Hotels and unlike near Heathrow, there will be a vast choice for dining out; from McD's to Three-star Michelin. If the theatre is something you might like, then three nights in London will also make that possible.

I will add my voice to the chorus of don't.do.this. I know you think you're simplifying your life by staying at LHR, but actually your greatly complicating it.

Even if you absolutely want to take the Princess transfer, I believe they offer one from Victoria. However, I'd still just take the train from Waterloo.

I agree with the others.

We do stay at the hotel from time to time but only at the end of the trip if we are flying early the next day at the end of the cruise or if we are arriving to the airport on another flight and leaving the following morning. We love to stay at the Sofitel Heathrow Hotel in these cases because of its convenience, and because we prefer this hotel over some of the other ones.

In your situation I would not do this for the reasons mentioned.

Keith

The National Express Coach from Victoria is just as good and a lot cheaper. http://www.nationalexpress.com/cheap-coach-tickets.aspx

I did this. I found a great B&B near Victoria station. I could take the bus from the airport to Victoria coach station and then a few days later, national express to Southampton. It was a short cab tide from Southampton bus station to the ship. Well worth staying in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums