Izumi Hibachi on Harmony of the Seas

My fiancee and I are booked for a September sailing on Harmony this year and I was wondering about the Hibachi dinner experience in Izumi. It looks fantastic and all but was confused about the price and offerings. I was doing some research and it looks like there was a base price for one protein and an additional price for two, or something like that.

But I'm confused because in my Cruise Planner there is only one price of $45.00, and it states "starting at" at price. When trying to reserve a time it doesn't give me an option to upgrade to more offerings. It's just offering the $45 price. It also doesn't say what is included in the price. Has something changed? Or can someone tell me what is included and if there is an up-charge for more items? Do we pay $45 now and have the option to pay more for more while onboard (which I am fine with)?

You pay the $45 now and once you get to Izumi, they will tell you the additional price if you order two proteins. If you add sushi to your dinner, that is also an additional charge. We enjoyed Izumi and found it to be one of our best meals on Oasis and Allure. Haven't been on Harmony yet, but hope to soon. Enjoy your cruise!

We loved it on the Allure. Very easy to spend extra. I wish they would let us split meals and order sushi to split in addition. A lot of food per serving!

My wife and I share one order of sushi all the time.

Thanks for the help, everyone! This sounds like fun and I think we'll get it. We've never done hibachi before and thought doing it on the ship would be pretty cool.

By chance, does anyone know the upcharge for two proteins? And is gratuity included or added after?

Gratuity is now being added to specialty restaurant prices.

Thanks Bob! Now I know what to expect.

OP, if you are going to do it book it now, as it last limited seating. There are three tables of 8 and they have three seatings a night.

My thoughts exactly. I saw a few trip reviews mentioning making a reservation first day of the cruise, only to be notified it was all booked up, and in some cases booked for weeks or months out. I want to book now, but my only hesitation is the entertainment isn't listed yet and I don't want a conflict. I'm thinking of doing it the last sea day (Day 7) at 5:00pm so we have time to make it to some shows.

So the specialty restaurants aren't all you can eat like MDR? Is Johnny Rockets all you can eat?

Johnny Rockets is all you can eat, except on Quantum class where you pay by the item.

Specialty restaurants generally allow multiple appetizers and desserts, but only one entree. More than one entree will cost extra.

If you book on line there is a set price to pay so if each item is priced separately do you get refund if you don't eat enough to match the price you paid upfront?

If you book Izumi online, you don't pay anything upfront, unless you choose Hibachi.

I think I found a menu just a few months old using the power of the GOOGLE!

For Harmony of the seas:

Teppan Classics $45

Yaki udon (Chicken, beef or tofu)

Tori - Chicken breast

Gyu - Beef tenderloin

Ebi - Tiger shrimp

Teppan Premier Combo $49

Samurai - Tenderloin beef and tiger shrimp

Origami - Chicken breast and tiger shrimp

Geisha - NY steak and chicken breast

Izumi - Sea scallops and lobster

I might as well pay the small upcharge for two proteins. Getting excited!

Can you use your Ultimate Dining Plan at Izumi?

Thanks!

That I am not sure of. Hopefully someone else will chime in with the answer. If I had to guess, there could be an up charge but you could only book it once you were on the ship. At that rate there might not be enough table space left over for you.

Hopefully someone else can help with your question as we have never done a dining plan.

They're adding it to Adventure during this refurb, & I so wish we could do the hibachi -- family loves it -- but one daughter is celiac, & even if they use gluten free soy sauce, there's too big a chance of cross contamination. If you can book it, I would -- I love the atmosphere in places like that.

Can you use your Ultimate Dining Plan at Izumi?

Thanks!

Unfortuately you can not use any of the dining plans or BOGO's at Izumi Hibachi. It is listed in the VERY small fine print under the packages.

You can use it at Izumi on the ala carte side and they give you $30 toward your meal(I believe that is the last amount I heard).

They're adding it to Adventure during this refurb, & I so wish we could do the hibachi -- family loves it -- but one daughter is celiac, & even if they use gluten free soy sauce, there's too big a chance of cross contamination. If you can book it, I would -- I love the atmosphere in places like that.

I don’t know enough about celiac and Izumi, but our son is allergic to shellfish. The only way we can eat at hibachi is if we get the whole table and tell them the order in which we want things cooked - shellfish after everything else. I don’t know if that would help you or not. But we would never chance it with strangers if we had to share a table

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But will they let two people split the cover/main meal charge? That’s would I would love to and also split some sushi.

There's no cover charge at Izumi for sushi, you pay by the item. No problem sharing.

There's no cover charge at Izumi for sushi, you pay by the item. No problem sharing.

But they wouldn’t allow sharing a hibachi plate /meal was in the hibachi side correct? That is where I would like to do it and also order sushi while on the hibachi side

Sent from my iPhone using Forums