Coco Cay Cabanas Question

hardingk

No pics, but we got invited to share one with a couple we met on our cruise in August.

They are now by the jet ski place. They have a special buffet lunch (also available to suite quests), with meat grilled right there. A bar there.

The cabanas have a covered area with an L sofa and table. Then a deck with 2 loungers and table, then 2 more loungers in the sand. A couple of floating mats. And a section of beach and water roped off just for the cabana guests. They supply a number of bottles of water. And a waiter will bring drinks.

Nice, but I would not have paid the price for us.

• 3 months later...

Hi- wondering if you've been on your cruise and have an update? We were looking at the cabanas... but also curious about the bungalows.. and maybe just the beach bed. We will have our kids- they will want to play as I will want to chill..

We were in a cabana in April. We had 2 nice lounge chairs on the cabana deck then 4 regular lounge chairs in front of the cabana. 3 large bottled waters in a cooler. There was a bar and an upgraded buffet in that area. The bar wasn't able to do all the fruity drinks (Rum Runner, CocoLoco) so might have to go outside the cabana area to get that. We had 2 floating mats and then they give you 2 tickets for snorkeling gear. You also get golf cart service around the island. We never had a server or attendant bring drinks, we always had to walk up to the bar. We got ours on sale and it was worth every penny. Not sure if I would pay full price though. The roped off beach and swim area were nice and we were always in the shade when under the cabana.

Hi- wondering if you've been on your cruise and have an update? We were looking at the cabanas... but also curious about the bungalows.. and maybe just the beach bed. We will have our kids- they will want to play as I will want to chill..

Hi! We are back! We had a cabana in April. It came with 2 loungers on the side of the structure, a L shaped couch in the inside, 3 beach lounger chairs on the sand, and 2 floating mats. It also included a cooler with ice and 4 1 liter bottles of Evian. We were also given a "special high-end" buffet lunch. The buffet was horrible! The salads and cheeses, looked as if they had been sitting out for awhile (we got there right when the buffet opened). They were discolored or sweating. The hamburgers and other meats were undercooked (my husbands hamburger was raw in the center). We did hear that that ran out of food on the island for the other guests.

The positives were that we were allowed access to a private section of the beach. We were also given priority access to get off the ship, and did not have to get a tender ticket number. You are given

2 tickets for snorkeling gear. (that you would have to pay separately for). They give you golf cart service around the island.

If you need shade, this is definitely the best option.

The negatives were that there was supposed to be a limit of 6 people per cabana. Some cabanas had over 12!! People were also smoking behind the cabanas and it blew into other cabanas. There are no bar servers,

you have to walk up to the bar. For some reasons, those

attendants that walk around the island with the premade drinks, were not allowed into the roped off private area.

I believe we paid $249 for the cabana. This is cheap compared to Disney's rate of $499-599 depending on the time of year. But with Disney you get A LOT more for your money (in the cabana and on the ship!). That must be why it costs double! LOL!

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions!