advice needed on time of flight home after cruise ending in miami, flight from FLL

Taxman2001

we are taking our first disney cruise in december and the cruise embarks and disembarks in miami. the cruise arrives back at miami at 7:30. we are planning on booking a flight out of FLL for 12:30. is that enough time to get to the airport? the next flight doesn't leave until 4:30.

the customer service rep at disney said people can start disemarking as early at 7:30. FWIW, we are concierge level. we also have global entry so should be able to get through customs/immigration quickly (hopefully).

what day of the week is it?

it sounds like plenty of time to get to FLL....isn't it something like 30 to 45 minutes to drive it?

but i guess maybe it depends on the day of the week? weekends maybe better..

but even if it takes an hour, that seems like plenty of time..

but i'm not familiar with the route from the port of miami to FLL.....we went from port everglades which is 10 minutes away...

OK, it takes about 30 minutes from the port in Miami to FLL. It's less than that if you hit NO traffic. I would not rush off the ship. I'd have breakfast and leave in a leisurely manner. FLL is not one of those huge airports where you need to arrive 2-3 hours early. If you arrive an hour before flight time, that's more than enough.

we are taking our first disney cruise in december and the cruise embarks and disembarks in miami. the cruise arrives back at miami at 7:30. we are planning on booking a flight out of FLL for 12:30. is that enough time to get to the airport? the next flight doesn't leave until 4:30.

the customer service rep at disney said people can start disemarking as early at 7:30. FWIW, we are concierge level. we also have global entry so should be able to get through customs/immigration quickly (hopefully).

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and can tell you that on a Sunday this should be fine. It will be less than an hour drive. If it was a weekday I would strongly suggest you allow extra time. Enjoy your cruise!! MJ