Shimizu ...would like private tours of area from cruise port

bocaraton

We arrive in in Shimizu on Oct 1 from Approximately 7 am till 3 pm. Do you know of any detailed tours of this area that will cover the Lake Ashi, Mt. Fuji, the ropeway and Hakone national park. We want to use non ship tours. Any recommendations? please write themayblums at yahoo dot com

Thank you.

I see that you also have another thread about tours in Japan. Unfortunately I don't think the Asia Ports of Call board will be of much help. I'd suggest, instead, that you look to TripAdvisor, and their Things to Do for each area you are interested in. You should be able to find tours or guides there, as well as recent reviews. I like both the Lonely Planet and Fodors guidebooks for Japan, and used them extensively when planning our land trip there.

I see that you also have another thread about tours in Japan. Unfortunately I don't think the Asia Ports of Call board will be of much help. I'd suggest, instead, that you look to TripAdvisor, and their Things to Do for each area you are interested in. You should be able to find tours or guides there, as well as recent reviews. I like both the Lonely Planet and Fodors guidebooks for Japan, and used them extensively when planning our land trip there.

In addition to what "mom says"...wise advice BTW!! ;)...check Tours by Locals...you might find some tours there as well. LuAnn

It is a more expensive but Tours by Locals can customize a tour for you, arrange transportation either public or a van, van is much more expensive, and they can meet you at the port. I used a Tours by Locals guide for three days in Naples and Capri and could not have been more pleased with the experience.