Royal Caribbean do not do weddings! Run as far away as possible!

charlieselwyn

My recommendation to the original poster is that they and their guests use their airline tickets all fly into whatever city they were going to embark the ship from, have their wedding there on land and then afterwards go on honeymoon wherever they want. Their guests can still use their plane tickets and the refund from the cruise for a nice vacation or to go on another cruise from the same or another close by port. What I wouldn't do if I were the wedding couple is waste time bemoaning what has occurred or waste money and time pursuing legal action. It is over and done with. Life is too short to waste time on something like this.

We have made other arrangements.

We are happy to share with everyone what has happened as big companies like RC shouldn't treat people like this because they have to do some work.

We are certainly looking forward to our new plans and we know they will be better than anything RC could have offered.

We have made other arrangements.

We are happy to share with everyone what has happened as big companies like RC shouldn't treat people like this because they have to do some work.

We are certainly looking forward to our new plans and we know they will be better than anything RC could have offered.

I am glad you have made other arrangements. Now, for your own peace of mind, forget about what has happened with RC and enjoy this special time in your life. A wedding is a very special time in your life and this may well be the only wedding you have - or so I wish for you - for a long and happy marriage is a wonderful thing! Don't mar the memories of this precious time leading up to your wedding fretting over something that is done and over with. Focus on the wedding you will have, your honeymoon and your forthcoming marriage. That is all that is important now. Don't let your disappointment in what happened cast a shadow on this time. Everything else is just background noise and of no value to you or anyone else. All that matters right now is you and your fiancee and the life you will soon share. I hope you have a lovely wedding and I wish you the best for a long and happy life together!

We are sharing our experience with RC and their wedding team.

Everyone has their own experience dealing with companies and this is our experience.

There is a facebook group called wedding brides (or something like that) and my partner received over 30+ people who had experienced the same poor service.

Sorry this happened to you. RCL does approximately 1000 wedding a year. So finding 30 dissatisfied customers is really pretty low. That would be 3% rate. Honestly if every business had a 3% rate pretty darn good unless you are in the 3%.

And I would think the amount that are actually cancelled by the cruise line is lower than that.

An unhappy story - and I hope that things work out well with alternative plans - as well as their lifetime together (which should be the focal point).

Objectively considered: RC would not likely tell a big group to take their money and go away without reason. Someone earlier mentioned "Bridezilla" - is there such a personality as a "Groomzilla"?

• 3 weeks later...
An unhappy story - and I hope that things work out well with alternative plans - as well as their lifetime together (which should be the focal point).

Objectively considered: RC would not likely tell a big group to take their money and go away without reason. Someone earlier mentioned "Bridezilla" - is there such a personality as a "Groomzilla"?

Feel free to speak directly to RC to find out exactly what happened but we are not trying to paint a different picture to what happened.

RC are not cut out to do weddings (specially considering the wedding team is separate to RC) and specially not from the UK. If you are from the US you would certainly experience a different experience (different call centres and departments).

Sorry this happened to you. RCL does approximately 1000 wedding a year. So finding 30 dissatisfied customers is really pretty low. That would be 3% rate. Honestly if every business had a 3% rate pretty darn good unless you are in the 3%.

And I would think the amount that are actually cancelled by the cruise line is lower than that.

That would depend on how many weddings RC are publicly announcing that they are cancelling and how many people actually want to take the time to share what happened.

I never specified 30, I put 30+ (It may have been more, it may have been less) as I am not part of the wedding chat group but I know we aren't the only people to have gone through the same experience.

Clearly RC are making so much money from everyone else that they don't care if they lose a certain percentage.