Royal's Website always gives me a chuckle

PCWalton1

This booking in for next year (2019) but it claims I am leaving in the next two days so I cannot reserve anything. I wish I was leaving in the next two days. ;p

They forgot to take the year into account.;p

Ahhh, the website.

When I was trying to check in for my upcoming cruise, I couldn't get the site to allow me past the "onboard billing" page...the checkmark where you confirm that you've read the T&C wouldn't "light up" even after I scrolled to the bottom of the T&C window. So I called the handy-dandy IT support number on the right side of the page because hey presto, I WAS having trouble checking in. The assistor answered quickly and when I began describing my issue he knew exactly what I was referring to. "Sir, you'll have to use Microsoft Edge or Safari and go to that page using one of those. It doesn't work with Chrome or Firefox."

Aha. Couldn't Royal spare a few shekels here and there and maybe hire a web designer who could re-code that page so it would work across browser platforms? :confused:

That is a terrifying coding error.

Not surprised.

When you think about it, it IS a bit terrifying. They don't do a full compare on dates, just use the day and month and not the year....are there any other critical subroutines in their systems architecture that are the same? Say, ship-scheduling or provisions management?

"We're sorry, but we scheduled too many ships for the same day at CocoCay. Also, you will have to sail without a full supply of lemon-soaked paper napkins because our revictualling is off by a year."

I didn't mention it but a few weeks ago I could not complete check in for the second of our B2B cruises. When I called for assistance they told me it would not recognize my selection of 'consecutive cruiser' for my arrival. Even though I chose that for the departure section on the first cruise. I had to select 'private vehicle' to complete the check in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Quality control is a concept completely foreign to the RCI software/web development group. But it is not alone, most other cruise lines have an equally appalling web presence.

No, I think RCI probably wins among mass-market for worst.

I have only sailed with Royal 3 times and have had more issues with them than my other 10 cruises, two companies, put together.

Glad OP could laugh about it, I am extremely frustrated every time I log on . . . or even try to half the time.