Diamond Plus BOGO?

So the 50% off is only on single diners? Math is the same to the restaurant but 50% charged to two separate diners w seperate folios and obc could be handier than free meal for guest

I don't think the systems are set up to cut the cost in half.

With MTD you can request where you want to sit (next to a window or next to the rail of the balcony, or tell them you do not want to be next to a service station, even you just want a different section than the night before). You may have to wait a little bit longer but they will accommodate you.

I have done MTD several times previously. Other times it worked fine as I always book my times online before we leave. On this cruise, when we went for our first MTD meal, for some reason they sat us in between dinner services in the downstairs dining room. It was terrible. The next night they wanted to do it again, and we said no. They found us another spot, but it seemed like we were being added on to someone's already full station. It was stressful.

• 2 months later...

Another variation of the same question. We will be Diamond + on an upcoming Med sailing on the Jewel. If we book one person for dinner on the first two nights at the regular planner prices (no sales or discounts), can we show up with two and use the Diamond plus bogo? The advantage to booking ahead is to avoid the VAT added onboard.

Thoughts?

Another variation of the same question. We will be Diamond + on an upcoming Med sailing on the Jewel. If we book one person for dinner on the first two nights at the regular planner prices (no sales or discounts), can we show up with two and use the Diamond plus bogo? The advantage to booking ahead is to avoid the VAT added onboard.

Thoughts?

Yes, this is a technique that normally works for the D+ BOGO.

• 1 month later...

A post on the RCCL blog included a photo a 12-2-17 C&A Diamond + offer letter on Anthem. The letter listed the BOGO (#1152) "Purchase one cover charge in a Specialty Restaurant on the first night or second night ...(Not applicable to a la carte Specialty Dining Restaurants). So is it possible to use at Izumi Hibachi on Allure which is a flat charge of $44 and not a la carte?

Thoughts?

That is what we do - so DH has a solo reservation for night 1 and I have a solo reservation for night 2.... and 2 of us turn up!

We do actually drop by the restaurant before hand to tell them there will be 2 of us and we will be using our BOGO.