Luggage Tags?

Kymnotkim

Question - on my past three NCL cruises, I've received high-quality self adhesive tags in the mail -- do they still send these out? (I still have them on my bags after three years...)

I believe you still get them if you are in a suite. Perhaps that why you got them.

They haven’t been sent out for regular cabins for many years.

Question - on my past three NCL cruises, I've received high-quality self adhesive tags in the mail -- do they still send these out? (I still have them on my bags after three years...)

Only if you are in a suite. Everyone else is Do It Yourself tags now. That changed about 5 years ago. Thee is nothing by mail now. All online (edocs, welcome aboard book, luggage tags).

How far in advance are these available? We are not at home /near printer for 10 days prior to cruise

Once you've made final payment and done online checkin they should become available. I did the full online checkin for my cruise as soon as it was possible, but my payment deadline was 30 days before the cruise. My edocs (including luggage tags) became available about 48hrs after final payment was made.

The printable luggage tags require you staple them together. I won't be carrying a stapler in my carry on as I cannot put the tags on before my flights to New Orleans, they will not survive the gentle handling of the baggage smashers :).

Anyway, do they tag the bags at the port?

The printable luggage tags require you staple them together. I won't be carrying a stapler in my carry on as I cannot put the tags on before my flights to New Orleans, they will not survive the gentle handling of the baggage smashers :).

Piece of scotch tape.

Or the porters will do it for you.

We picked up nice plastic holders at Amazon that have a metal screw bezel that are reusable

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you're in NOLA overnight before the cruise then your hotel will probably let you use their stapler.

Otherwise the porters have tags at the port.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

This topic surfaces at least monthly, resulting in much advice on how to affix them to your luggage. Once we realized porters will slap one on that actually stays attached to your bags, we haven’t bothered with printing them. Just confirm they’ve written the correct cabin number.

This topic surfaces at least monthly, resulting in much advice on how to affix them to your luggage. Once we realized porters will slap one on that actually stays attached to your bags, we haven’t bothered with printing them. Just confirm they’ve written the correct cabin number.

But I like the holders I purchased from Amazon and would like to tell as many people as possible that I own them, thank you very much! ;p;p;p

Yes. You can still get tags from the porter. Just know your room number, and I suggest bringing a pen or sharpie along so that you don't have to hunt for a writing utensil.