Celebrity Food

gnarly

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if Celebrity has changed their menus in the past two years. I sailed on the Infinity two years ago, and I was wondering if they would have similar menus on my upcoming sailing of the Mercury. Thanks for all of your help icon_smile.gif

Gnarly

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've never done the same ship on the identical itinerary, it's hard for me to provide a definitive opinion.

Usually the same dishes show up in the broad rotation (like Salmon Claudine or the swanny thingies) - but some dishes do change over time - Ginger pear soup seems to have been replaced with Honey pear, for instance. You do seem to get some shift of menu between temperate and tropical locations, but our Menu in (for instance) South America hardly seemed grossly different from what we got fed in the Caribbean.

Good cruising!

Guest THE EDS

Sailed the Horizon and the Zenith last year, same menu both very good but the food was definitely better on the Zenith. My guess different Chefs working with the same menu, different styles.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my husband and I were wondering the same thing, we just got off the Century and we're going on the Millie in Dec., we were wondering if the menus were the same, I'll have to plan ahead to save my appetite for rack of lamb!

We have been on many Celebrity cruises and the menus are the same on all. Maybe that is explained by the fact we only take 7 day cruises. I had heard there are menus to be rotated but I guess the chefs know which are the favs and they keep doing them. I would like to see some variety. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 things I would like to have for dinner, but unfortunately I can handle only 1 entree.

I asked the chefs about this and they said that there is a total of 14 different menus that they have the option of selecting. So, on a 14 day cruise you get one of each menu, on a 21 day cruise you get 7 menus twice, and on the 7 day cruise you get 1/2 of the menu selections. But as one person commented above, the chefs know which menus they like so the same ones get used most of the time.

To see a copy of the menus on our Century cruise see my website http://www.celebrity-century.com.

• 1 month later...
Even though the menus are the same on Celebrity, I found the food to be better on the Mercury than on the Infinity. Maybe because the Mercury is a smaller ship.

And the Century always seems to score slightly higher in the polls for food. Hmm, is the big reason for this the smaller ship or the head chef?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have sailed the Horizon and the Century and did not see identical menus. The food on both was excellent. we raise beef cattle and know top beef. My husband ordered the beef every night as it was awesome. Best cruise food is on Celebrity. Even if the menu never changed, you still have lots of options.

I have cruise over 11 times with different cruise lines including Royal Caribbean, NCL and Celebrity. I found that the food was much better on Celebrity. Not only was the food better quality but they honored requests better than any ship I have been on including Royal Caribbean. But I have only been on the Mercury and am going on the Galaxy next week so I will then have something to compare it to. Will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 14 menus. On the Summit, this summer, I saw one dated 2001. In addition, the menu at the Normandie specialty restaurant, is different than the menus on the Constellation, Millennium and Infinity. The Summit menu includes Chateaubriand and a desert called "Bombe Surprise du S.S. Normandie," which was on the Normandie's menu in 1935. Both were excellnet, by the way!:p

Enjoy!

Kel

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Do they serve fresh made waffles at the breakfast buffet on the Galaxy? Made to order eggs/omelettes?

Anyone have any recent links to menus posted on the web?

The wonderful waffles are at a separate station by the aft pool on the Galaxy. They do make made to order omelettes at the breakfast buffet. Two reasons why breakfast was my favorite meal!

I hope you have read the thread on the Celebrity boards about the food!

I think you can get there by going to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=94690&highlight=coffee+pot

One of my favorite desserts was the Blue Mountain Cream Coffee Pot & I'm not sure I would have ordered it if not for these boards. I also liked the cherries jubilee & another flambe'--I think it was blueberries and peaches? Yummy!

Archived