Silly question VIFP red going to gold

cruiser086

So I am 3 days from hitting gold and I have a cruise booked its a 7 day cruise. my question is will my status change on that cruise? and I get gold status? or will I have to wait until I book another cruise to enjoy my gold status? I am mentioning this because I am looking forward to that free drink and finally getting those pins

So I am 3 days from hitting gold and I have a cruise booked its a 7 day cruise. my question is will my status change on that cruise? and I get gold status? or will I have to wait until I book another cruise to enjoy my gold status? I am mentioning this because I am looking forward to that free drink and finally getting those pins

Gold you are.

I will turn gold on my April cruise and the carnival rep that booked me said I would have a red card and would have to change it during cruise to get gold one.

I turned gold on day 5 of a 7 day cruise and I got my gold card on embarkation day.

I have to ask you....why? For a free pin and drink? Something that costs Carnival less than $1?

I think many of us are just addicted to the game. Carnival has created a perception of value in their loyalty program. People barely notice or care why their cards are blue on the first cruise, but another voyage (and deep into the hook) later, we're well aware of our measly red status, striving for bigger and better things.