Seaside January 27th Cruise

agcoolcruiser

I am on board msc seaside. I read this forum for last couple of months researching msc seaside. Here is my pay back

Background- sailed celebrity twice, princess once and last year royal allure of the seas.

- we are a group : 6 adults and 5 kids- 6 years, 2x5 years, 3 years and 1year

- our group booked 11002 and 11003 grand suites and a fantastica suite

Embarkation - best across all lines

- arrived around 2:30 and in 10 minutes or less we were onboard

Issues- we went to buffet and drill, wife lost her purse with everything. Before we realized, we got a note to go to reception

- at embarkation, I think, we left registration desk too early, did not get the bracelet - free for Aurea

- went to reception- got the purse back and bracelets, it took 30 minutes, there were 40people in line. Most had issues with bracelets or tried to book drink packages. They were waiting in line just to betold to go to bar to buy drink packages. It will help if msc had someone triaging the line. It will really become very easy. This was first time in line with issues in all my cruising. There were no angry people or anything bad..... like some comments on this forum. Btw, we were #15in the lost and found list... in a few hours...

-all group went to venchi after fire drill. Fast service, out of this world products... milkshakes, hot chocolates.... never seen anything like this in other cruise lines ...

-elevators- made more than 10trips... always fast.... a few times when there were people at one elevator bank, just went to the other bank nearby... never waited in any line... most of the times alone in elevator... I do not understand comments made on this forum about elevators not working... how did they know they were not working... not possible in my view....

- food - we had two Aurea cabins and one fantastica... they assign you a table...we were late and they still seated us... great service....great food... drink service timely... I would say better than royal on food quality...too early to compare service.... we went to buffet on deck 16??? After embarkation. Food was very good and tasty... smaller number of choices, however did not like buffet on royal Caribbean... I would say this is better... I don’t compare this with celebrity... celebrity is the royal Caribbean more luxurious line.... not a fair comparison

- ship - each ship is different- allure has a lot going for it. Hard to beat allure. Seaside, looks good and feels god. Water park is something where seaside wins heads down. Zipline as well, did not go to allure zipline, it was a Mickey Mouse... I plan to go on seaside...

- smell - I was searching for smell... a few times, I was not sure if I smelled anything... I think if you really look for it, you will find it.... with all this wind, I would not be surprised if sometimes there will be smell traveling... it does happen

- cabin, grand suite looks good and feels good. allure family suite was good as well. This is much better, same price at almost double the space, drink package, massages....

- spa- we did a tour and booked our massages included with Aurea. Spa looks very nice.

If you are interested, I will add more details as I learn more about seaside. Btw, weather in Miami was windy with huge waves... most ship movement I ever had...

Seen captain Scala a few times. So he is on the ship...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some more comments:

- staff - cabin Stewart introduced herself to us and offered help if we need anything at any time. Very good English. Reception staff, very nice and very good English. MDR staff very nice and very good English. I don’t understand some of the reviews that staff English is poor. Yes, English is not their first language, still...

Weather has been very bad, ship is having a lot of movement with big waves in some pools. Sometimes there is a thundering noise like the ship hits something... I think the bigger waves. Friends had trouble sleeping. Outside: very strong wind. We went to jungle pool for a quick dip. Interested in smell, because it is an indoor pool. There is a strong chlorine smell, same as any pool in Canada... no other smell

Cabin/bed/sleep- very comfortable. For me, a bad pillow or bed means neck pain and being miserable. Not here, slept like a baby...

- balcony door has some kind of whistle noise. Reported this issue. I think entry door is not properly insulated leading to air circulation. This can be due to strong winds as well.

- kids club - son was ok, face painted when we picked him up. Our friends dropped their 1 year old. Great benefit. They received a phone.

- kids club has a service to locate kid, 18 usd per cruise extra charge

Venchi continue to be a highlight of the cruise. Breakfast and lunch were good. Tried to hold back and not over eat...

Glad you are enjoying Seaside! We just disembarked yesterday and had a wonderful week.

Surprised to hear Captain Scala is still on board. He told us repeatedly throughout the week that he was leaving yesterday for vacation prior to boarding Seaview. Something must have changed.

Always love to hear more! How do you like using the cruise critic app? Thinking I need to download before our cruise if it works well.

I recommend you get familiar with it before you go, TG. It's quite different than using the website, though it's great for uploading photos from your phone or iPad to the forum.

Thanks for the 'Live' review, Ag. Very generous of you to devote precious holiday time to report here.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I have to tell you that my name is Karen, and I am a chocoholic. Since booking Seaside last week, I have been dreaming about Venchi, and trying to make a plan so that I don’t visit Venchi more than once a day. I think I may need an intervention (which, btw, sounds a lot like a Venchi). All that to say, I’m glad you are loving Venchi, and I’m glad I’m not alone-lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on board msc seaside. I read this forum for last couple of months researching msc seaside. Here is my pay back

Background- sailed celebrity twice, princess once and last year royal allure of the seas.

- we are a group : 6 adults and 5 kids- 6 years, 2x5 years, 3 years and 1year

- our group booked 11002 and 11003 grand suites and a fantastica suite

Embarkation - best across all lines

- arrived around 2:30 and in 10 minutes or less we were onboard

Issues- we went to buffet and drill, wife lost her purse with everything. Before we realized, we got a note to go to reception

- at embarkation, I think, we left registration desk too early, did not get the bracelet - free for Aurea

- went to reception- got the purse back and bracelets, it took 30 minutes, there were 40people in line. Most had issues with bracelets or tried to book drink packages. They were waiting in line just to betold to go to bar to buy drink packages. It will help if msc had someone triaging the line. It will really become very easy. This was first time in line with issues in all my cruising. There were no angry people or anything bad..... like some comments on this forum. Btw, we were #15in the lost and found list... in a few hours...

-all group went to venchi after fire drill. Fast service, out of this world products... milkshakes, hot chocolates.... never seen anything like this in other cruise lines ...

-elevators- made more than 10trips... always fast.... a few times when there were people at one elevator bank, just went to the other bank nearby... never waited in any line... most of the times alone in elevator... I do not understand comments made on this forum about elevators not working... how did they know they were not working... not possible in my view....

- food - we had two Aurea cabins and one fantastica... they assign you a table...we were late and they still seated us... great service....great food... drink service timely... I would say better than royal on food quality...too early to compare service.... we went to buffet on deck 16??? After embarkation. Food was very good and tasty... smaller number of choices, however did not like buffet on royal Caribbean... I would say this is better... I don’t compare this with celebrity... celebrity is the royal Caribbean more luxurious line.... not a fair comparison

- ship - each ship is different- allure has a lot going for it. Hard to beat allure. Seaside, looks good and feels god. Water park is something where seaside wins heads down. Zipline as well, did not go to allure zipline, it was a Mickey Mouse... I plan to go on seaside...

- smell - I was searching for smell... a few times, I was not sure if I smelled anything... I think if you really look for it, you will find it.... with all this wind, I would not be surprised if sometimes there will be smell traveling... it does happen

- cabin, grand suite looks good and feels good. allure family suite was good as well. This is much better, same price at almost double the space, drink package, massages....

- spa- we did a tour and booked our massages included with Aurea. Spa looks very nice.

If you are interested, I will add more details as I learn more about seaside. Btw, weather in Miami was windy with huge waves... most ship movement I ever had...

Seen captain Scala a few times. So he is on the ship...

Thank you so much for it!

Enjoy!

MDR - definetly the food is up there, tasty and good quality. Service as well, our server Luna is now family and takes good care of us. Wife had to leave for spa and was done with dinner in 45 minutes. We stayed for another hour... 5 kids...desert..chasing them under table...

Ship- elevators... I am at front of the ship and I use the front ones... usually alone in elevator... back ones are more crowded at dinner time. Ship feels like an airplane in turbulence... I am ok... one of our friends got sea sick.. I hear many complaining about this...

-they promised to fix bAlcony door noise... did not happen yet... they looked at it...not a big problem yet... maybe weather will be better and will go away