Undecided! Mr Sanchos or Money Bar?

4olivers

we are traveling on Magic 4/28 and will have our 13 and 16 year old sons with us. We want to snorkel every chance we can within reason, my husband and I enjoy our cocktails so we will be drinking. Our boys are HUGE eaters and foodies to boot, so great food and lots of it is a must.

This is our first caribbean cruise and only second cruise, first was 12 days in Alaska. Very different experience I am sure! In trying to choose for Cozumel this is what we took into consideration when narrowing down:

In Belize we are planning knock out the wish list things to do our boys have - cave tubing, ATV and zipline

In Roatan we plan to spend the day at Little French Key and get the package with the guided snorkel tour

In Costa Maya - we have no clue!

We thought Cozumel could be a great beach day and we could also snorkel from the shore, eat and drink, relax...it will be our first stop of the cruise. We are open to tips, suggestions, feedback on our whole plan!

89 days and counting!

There will be no great, or even good snorkeling from the shore at Sanchos - but you could opt for their snorkel tour to the reef (about $35 each for 90 min trip.

Planning on the all-inclusive (food/drinks) side of Sanchos? :confused:

My suggestion would be to squeeze in both - taxi (about $11) to the Money Bar and snorkel from the shore for an hour or two; enjoy a few drinks/snacks and then get another cab (about $10+) to Sanchos for the rest of the day. Pay the extra fee for the teens to enjoy the water toys -- let them wear themselves out while you sip one more margarita! :cool:

Taxi back to the ship from Sanchos will be about $17. Good luck! :)

Can someone explain exactly how snorkeling at the Money Bar would work? Is there a fee to do this? Do you just have to order food and drinks? Are there facilities to change? I checked their website and didn't find much information.

Thanks!

Can someone explain exactly how snorkeling at the Money Bar would work? Is there a fee to do this? Do you just have to order food and drinks? Are there facilities to change? I checked their website and didn't find much information.

Thanks!

No fee for snorkeling. They have tables and chairs both inside the restaurant and out by the water. Just order food and drinks while you're there. They do rent equipment, have outside showers, and have changing facilities. They have steps leading down into the water. Good snorkeling near shore but even better if you head out to buoys. That's where snorkel boats drop their folks.

Here is their menu:

http://www.debsdays.com/2017/12/money-bar-cozumel.html

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards and has a photo intensive review of her recent trip to Money Bar & Paradise Beach linked in her signature (plus older reviews of Playa Mia, Chankanaab, Nachi, etc.) Use the search function and check it out. ;)

Thanks!

Money bar sits next to iron shore. Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach, et. al., sit next to sandy bottoms.

I’ve been trying to follow her trip report and I’m having trouble [emoji85] I don’t know if it’s the cc app or user error

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Try looking at it on a computer instead of your phone.

For snorkeling and food, much prefer Money Bar.

Beach and stand up paddle boarding, Mr. Sanchos.

I don't drink, but from my friends ice been told the drinks are "better" at Money Bar, but possibly more expensive, as you order per drink, and at least one of them was a drink your money's worth type at Mr. Sancho's.