How far in advance will excursions be posted?

H2Otstr

We are cruising on July 14, Into the Midnight Sun. I know that we can register for excursions 67 days before we travel, but when will the excursions be listed to view?

We are in DV4 room.

Usually, about 100 days out to view.

Ours went up Friday, 123 days before our May 29 Homelands Cruise. So, it pays to start checking early. I do think they go up earlier for established trips, like Homelands, as opposed to rather new trips where they might not have all the tour companies nailed down.

We are cruising on July 14, Into the Midnight Sun. I know that we can register for excursions 67 days before we travel, but when will the excursions be listed to view?

We are in DV4 room.

In the meantime, the tentative choices are available here, on the Midnight Sun itinerary page on the Viking website: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/into-the-midnight-sun/index.html#itineraryday/2

This isn't the final list and it doesn't give prices but it will give you an idea of what is being planned.

In the meantime, the tentative choices are available here, on the Midnight Sun itinerary page on the Viking website: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/into-the-midnight-sun/index.html#itineraryday/2

This isn't the final list and it doesn't give prices but it will give you an idea of what is being planned.

There are three "levels" of excursion information provided. There is what I call the "nominal list" of excursions for each cruise and port provided at the VO site - the one cited by Peregrina. But then there is the "real list" of excursions provided in MyVikingJourney for a specific cruise & sailing. That is posted in two stages: a complete list with prices and excursion times/slots without the ability to book or reserve (let's call it the "preview" version) and then the same with the ability to actually book or reserve.

The day MVJ goes "live" with info and the ability to book/reserve is set by your cabin class.

The day your MVJ starts showing excursion info minus the ability to book - the excursion Preview - is a bit of a mystery. I can't discern any pattern to it. For us, in a PV cabin, it was 2 wks before the "live" date but, based on the variability I've seen from posters elsewhere, I suspect it has to do with a number for factors such as (a) has the cruise been offered enough times that the list excursions has stabilized?, (b) is the cruise so new that excursions are being organized right to the last minute?, © is the cruise part of a longer cruise, eg the World Cruise, so it is one of many segments and therefore the excursions have been nailed down for the larger cruise?, etc. In the case of (a) and ©, the excursion list in MVJ may be posted weeks before the actual booking window opens. I haven't seen anything in the VO site that addresses this question. Perhaps there should be, given the level of anxiety I've seen concerning this question. Telling folks to just keep checking their MVJ isn't satisfactory. It's just nerve wracking for what should be a peaceful and serene process. Not looking for a formula to apply, which I know would he impossible. Or set up a hard and fast rule that excursions info will me made available 2 wks before the booking/reservation window opens with the caveat that while prices will not change, available excursion time slots esp for the included ones are subject to change.

Edited by CharTrav

Ours are posted for the June 9 Homelands cruise. I was surprised and pleased. I assume that the more experience they have with a destination, the earlier they will be posted.

Good to know Little Rhodie! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are three "levels" of excursion information provided. There is what I call the "nominal list" of excursions for each cruise and port provided at the VO site - the one cited by Peregrina. But then there is the "real list" of excursions provided in MyVikingJourney for a specific cruise & sailing. That is posted in two stages: a complete list with prices and excursion times/slots without the ability to book or reserve (let's call it the "preview" version) and then the same with the ability to actually book or reserve.

The day MVJ goes "live" with info and the ability to book/reserve is set by your cabin class.

The day your MVJ starts showing excursion info minus the ability to book - the excursion Preview - is a bit of a mystery. I can't discern any pattern to it. For us, in a PV cabin, it was 2 wks before the "live" date but, based on the variability I've seen from posters elsewhere, I suspect it has to do with a number for factors such as (a) has the cruise been offered enough times that the list excursions has stabilized?, (b) is the cruise so new that excursions are being organized right to the last minute?, © is the cruise part of a longer cruise, eg the World Cruise, so it is one of many segments and therefore the excursions have been nailed down for the larger cruise?, etc. In the case of (a) and ©, the excursion list in MVJ may be posted weeks before the actual booking window opens. I haven't seen anything in the VO site that addresses this question. Perhaps there should be, given the level of anxiety I've seen concerning this question. Telling folks to just keep checking their MVJ isn't satisfactory. It's just nerve wracking for what should be a peaceful and serene process. Not looking for a formula to apply, which I know would he impossible. Or set up a hard and fast rule that excursions info will me made available 2 wks before the booking/reservation window opens with the caveat that while prices will not change, available excursion time slots esp for the included ones are subject to change.

Okay. Here's what I've figured out. Excursions go live on MVJ for a given cruise at the same time for everyone on the cruise BUT exactly when that will be is a crap shoot. They aim for a couple of weeks before booking opens for suites but sometimes they manage to get the job done sooner and sometimes they are woefully late.