Haven't cruised for 2 years, any new promos including beverages?

sprockie

It's been 2 years since we've cruised, have been doing other types of holidays. I am starting to think about the next cruise - possibly Bermuda, Canada & New England, but definitely Caribbean in a few years. It was only Explore 4 that offered a beverage package last time I was shopping for cruises. Are there any new promos out that include the Bev Pkg? Not that we drink a lot, we just really enjoy having this included in our holiday.

It's been 2 years since we've cruised, have been doing other types of holidays. I am starting to think about the next cruise - possibly Bermuda, Canada & New England, but definitely Caribbean in a few years. It was only Explore 4 that offered a beverage package last time I was shopping for cruises. Are there any new promos out that include the Bev Pkg? Not that we drink a lot, we just really enjoy having this included in our holiday.

Since you do not drink alot, be sure to price your cruise WITHOUT the Explore4 (or other drink package deal) - you might be pleasantly surprised.

When this deal first came out it was generally a good deal. However, now seems to be increasing the base cruise fare to account for adding the deal (watch what happens to your cruise fare after the deal goes off). This does not always happen, but most times it does.

I've watched carefully at our pre-package price and with Explore 4 and the difference has been very little or none. We've cruised on HAL about 10 times in the last 15 years.

Even though we don't drink our maximum, it's a huge part of the enjoyment to get whatever we'd like whenever we'd like, knowing it's included in our price. I would tend to be a bit of a penny pincher if I knew I was paying for each drink individually. The specialty coffees, wine with dinner, bottled water, beverages throughout the day and night - all a great perk for us.

I was thinking of booking a Bermuda cruise for July, but I guess if the Explore 4 comes out in July, that won't be possible.

Brand new cruiser here. Booked on HAL trip through Panama Canal April 2018. Traveling with my 75 year old parents, but I will be solo. Trying to decide on drink package. Any advice ?

I'd take it if it's offered for sure. We really enjoy the freedom of the bev. pkg.

Brand new cruiser here. Booked on HAL trip through Panama Canal April 2018. Traveling with my 75 year old parents, but I will be solo. Trying to decide on drink package. Any advice ?

HAL allows for bookings with and without the promos. Ask for the cruise price with and without the drink package price. Make up your own mind.

When we went on our Norway cruise in 2015, we had the Explore 4 package added to our cruise when it came out. Our cruise price did NOT change. It was really nice to have that freedom , not only for wine with dinner and showtime , which is really the only times we drink, but especially for bottled water as we did a lot of hiking when at some ports. Have booked a cruise for 2019 on the Maasdam and hoping they offer it again.

When we went on our Norway cruise in 2015, we had the Explore 4 package added to our cruise when it came out. Our cruise price did NOT change. It was really nice to have that freedom , not only for wine with dinner and showtime , which is really the only times we drink, but especially for bottled water as we did a lot of hiking when at some ports. Have booked a cruise for 2019 on the Maasdam and hoping they offer it again.

Yes, absolutely agree. Not just for the booze, but also the coffee, water, soft drinks etc. throughout the day - it all adds up.

When we went on our Norway cruise in 2015, we had the Explore 4 package added to our cruise when it came out. Our cruise price did NOT change

Quite possibly because (and I'm only assuming here) you booked without having a Mariner number. For me the Mariner discount plus adding the beverage package and a Pinnacle Grill dinner was still less than Explore 4. YMMV.

Quite possibly because (and I'm only assuming here) you booked without having a Mariner number. For me the Mariner discount plus adding the beverage package and a Pinnacle Grill dinner was still less than Explore 4. YMMV.

My mariner number has never made a lick of difference in price. I guess my stars are not high enough, but we've sailed with HAL about 8 times - you'd think that should make a difference.