Locanda Orseolo - Venice

Woobstr112G

I just found out something potentially distressing news about my favorite Venice hotel. I was told by employees of the Locanda Orseolo that the owner of the building does not want to renew the lease and they aren’t taking any reservations past December 31, 2018. I was so looking forward to staying at the LO for a pre-cruise hotel stay in the fall of 2019. I sure hope something can be worked out and this great boutique hotel can remain open.....:(:(:(

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Bob,

I have followed many of your reviews, great stuff!! Based on information on CC I booked the LO for our cruise back in 2010, which I unfortunately had to cancel.(I believe it was a roll call started by the Red Ruby's, great info and a very fun group). I just booked this boutique hotel for a visit in Oct 2018. I hope it is still the family run stellar experience previous posters have raved about.

Bob,

I have followed many of your reviews, great stuff!! Based on information on CC I booked the LO for our cruise back in 2010, which I unfortunately had to cancel.(I believe it was a roll call started by the Red Ruby's, great info and a very fun group). I just booked this boutique hotel for a visit in Oct 2018. I hope it is still the family run stellar experience previous posters have raved about.

The family that runs both the LO and the Al Ponte Antico are the best. I'm possibly going to book the other hotel which is right next to the Rialto Bridge on the Grand Canal.....:):):)

Bob