Equinox Specialty Dining Pkg

Lorey2007

On most cruises, Celebrity offers everyone a discount if you dine in a specialty restaurant on the first night....generally 25% unless you are in Aqua/Blu where it is often 50%. During the cruise, they more often than not offer special prices (25-30% off) to fill the restaurants...although it may not be at the prime dinner times. The net of this is that you may just want to see what happens rather than booking the restaurant package up front. Just an option....

I believe you need to go to Guest Services to review the MDR menus for the week. They have a binder with all the menus. We usually go to either the MDR or to a specialty restaurant to make our reservations for each night. The earlier you do this on embarkation day the more likely you are to be able to book preferred restaurants at a preferred time. It's easier to book very early and very late dining times.

Be cautious about dining in the specialty restaurants on the first night of the cruise. We had an assigned table but decided that the dining package was a good deal after getting the sales pitch from the staf upon arriving aboard.

We went to the Asian restaurant and enjoyed it but on our second night when we reported to the MDR we found that our assigned table had be changed since we didn’t show up the first night!

I complained to the Matre’d who promised he would make it right but of course, nothing was done. I’m sure that they knew we had signed up for the specialty dining, therefore giving them 3 nights that we wouldn’t be around the MDR.

We ended up at at table for 4 with no other table mates for the duration of the cruise.

If i had known this, we would have gone to the MDR on the first night, get our assigned table and then do the other restaurants later in the cruise.