Observation: Aurea & YC vs Bella & Fantastica

ANDISIX14x11

After reading through reviews, boards, and other post it has become clear that MSC passengers whom chose to travel Aurea or YC are significantly more satisfied than those who are traveling Fantastica or Bella. Of course there is a price difference; however, I am surprised at how huge the gap of satisfaction is.

Perhaps MSC has just given up of Bella and Fantastica passengers and are devoting all of their time and effort to YC and Aurea.

Edited by ANDISIX14x11

You appear to have missed that Aurea guests use the same buffet on 8 and 16 as everyone else, the same bars and facilities as everyone else apart from those included within the Aurea pricing structure.

Due to the small size of the Dining rooms those booking the lower priced Bella cabins it seems are seated in the Market place buffet of an evening which becomes a third dining room, while Fantastica guests are seated in the Ipanema dining room.

All three experiences have the same food menu as does the Wellness experience, only the YC has a distinctive difference in terms of dining and bar set up but those guests also have use of the rest of the ship just like the rest.

I do agree that since MSC moved from B1,B2,B3 type categories for Balcony cabins, I1,2,3 for Insides and O1,2,3 for Outsides there does appear to have been more of a class type feeling since the change to the current set up and also with the removal of free room service for Bella cabins.

I can understand the idea behind it that it gives some people the chance to cruise at a lower price point than they may not have been able to afford previously.

I'm booked Bella ...... We never use room service. Room service is included in the Deluxe drink package which we do have. Do they expect people to pay for a service twice? It's not that people that book Bella can't afford a different experience, some don't want or need what comes with it with the price increase. Not playing the 'book this higher experience" or else game. We will see if MSC's negative treatment of Bella passengers catches up with them through reviews. People won't go for that and if I feel like I'm steerage in April that will be it for me and MSC.

Bella has been around for some years now and it is nothing new, even on Fantasia class ships they warned people that they may be seated in a part of the Buffet reserved for them if there were no places within the main dining rooms.

I agree that people book the category that they are happy with for various reasons but Bella does give some people a foot on the ladder to cruising due to its price point, people become unhappy when they are not told beforehand about the dining arrangements or fail to do a little homework on their chosen cabin, experience and ship for themselves.

I'm new to MSC. I tried looking on their website, but found little info, at least on the mobile site. What are these classes? How do they differ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Hi illiniwahoo - in MSC-speak, they're called "Experiences"

I'm making an assumption you're in America. It's important to note the benefits of each Experience may actually differ from where in the world you book - even if sailing on the same ship! For example, in Australia we don't get the 12-drink package as part of Fantastica Experience if we book, even though our US compatriots do!

Let us know if you're elsewhere in the world. Of course, promos sometimes appear for a particular Experience:

Here's the US Experience comparison...

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/compare-experiences.aspx

Regards...

Perhaps MSC has just given up of Bella and Fantastica passengers and are devoting all of their time and effort to YC and Aurea.

Nothing has changed for Bella and Fantastica in the last years. I mostly book Fantastica but only because Bella is sold out already when you book late. In terms of how you are treated during the cruise there is not much difference. Aurea has the spa included, the drinks package and My time dining. Nice, when there is a good offer would I grab it. Otherwise not.

The statement re MSC has given up on Bella and Fantastica experiences is ridiculous. It is up to you the guest as to which price you choose to cruise and the level of perks included. There will always be a broad spectrum of opinions of a cruise experience on any cruise line.

The statement re MSC has given up on Bella and Fantastica experiences is ridiculous. It is up to you the guest as to which price you choose to cruise and the level of perks included. There will always be a broad spectrum of opinions of a cruise experience on any cruise line.

No need to get defensive. It’s my opinion (i.e use of the work observation). I believe reviews are showing Aurea and YC are more satisfied. That by no means means everyone in Bella and Fantasitica is happy.

No need to get defensive. It’s my opinion (i.e use of the work observation). I believe reviews are showing Aurea and YC are more satisfied. That by no means means everyone in Bella and Fantasitica is happy.

Stating “It has become clear” differs completely from “my personal opinion” and no I am not defensive as you state. Please be clear between stating fact and voicing “your personal opinion”. Have a great day.

Stating “It has become clear” differs completely from “my personal opinion” and no I am not defensive as you state. Please be clear between stating fact and voicing “your personal opinion”. Have a great day.

Observation was stated in the title. Meaning whatever the post is discussing is an observation made by the author.

No need to come on a forum and argue or go around criticizing.

After reading through reviews, boards, and other post it has become clear that MSC passengers whom chose to travel Aurea or YC are significantly more satisfied than those who are traveling Fantastica or Bella. Of course there is a price difference; however, I am surprised at how huge the gap of satisfaction is.

There is no gap in satisfaction. I don't drink that much so for me no need in Aurea cabin . I am happy with Fantastica, for someone who eats in buffet any way Bell is a good choice . Its good to have options.

I concur with the OP.

After seeing an AWESOME deal on a YC balcony room, with a very minimal deposit.. I snatched it up.

THEN I started reading the reviews of this new ship...

OH MY! I had 2 sailings reserved, promptly dropped one...and I'm holding my breath that before the other final payment comes due that at least HALF of the reviews start to sound more promising!

With the status match, low price, and Yacht Club reservation, I'm hoping that I have navigated around some of the complaints to have a fair experience.

Food in YC, location of cabin to avoid the smell of the midship cabins on Seaside are primary and should be ok.

Cancelling or rate drops...not gonna be easy or worthwhile. Last minute bookings seem to be indicated for the best deals.

I did my research AFTER the fact. If I had done so prior, would not have booked. But, I am also thinking that PERHAPS MSC will address some of the negative complaints. And if they do not, well...I will find out if it is worth what I paid. I'm easy going...my traveling partner is NOT. So, while I will have a good time regardless (I can always eat pizza if food genuinely is worse than Carnival)...he gets a little bent out of shape if things aren't up to snuff.

If YC experience folks start to complain...then I will cancel a week before 90days.

But, OP is correct, in my opinion... the reviews for MSC are well below the average on cruise critic. And that goes for Divina recent reviews, as well as the Seaside.

MSC is a strange animal; as it makes some of its Ultra Premium Aurea Suites, such as the Aurea Spa Duplex Suite, have the same dining room as Bella. There is no other line (including Costa) that still does this, among the majors. Many of these suite, are nicer than anything in Yacht Club; yet they have few VIP privileges and no "YC Respect". The actual costs of some suites, is greater than Yacht Club as well.

On Celebrity suites have their own dining room, as do Aqua spa staterooms, I don't understand why full suites, don't have private dining and a special room service menu? MSC is making a great missed opportunity, by entirely their own making!

MSC is a strange animal; as it makes some of its Ultra Premium Aurea Suites, such as the Aurea Spa Duplex Suite, have the same dining room as Bella. There is no other line (including Costa) that still does this, among the majors. Many of these suite, are nicer than anything in Yacht Club; yet they have few VIP privileges and no "YC Respect". The actual costs of some suites, is greater than Yacht Club as well.

On Celebrity suites have their own dining room, as do Aqua spa staterooms, I don't understand why full suites, don't have private dining and a special room service menu? MSC is making a great missed opportunity, by entirely their own making!

While you bring up an interesting point.... Suite perks (i.e restaurants and seperate areas) aren't as common as you think on other lines. Granted...only recently have some of the lines gone to a "class/experience" type offering. I do not think NCL's " owner suite" passengers have access to the Haven....We know about Celebrity...Same with Carnival ,RCL and Princess.

On RCL, Oasis & Quantum Class vessels, Full Suites eat in California Kitchen & Lounge.

On other ship classes, the Full Suites get breakfast & lunch in the steakhouse, and the full MDR menu for Room Service. On Disney ships, the Royal Suites get comped Room Service dining from Palo.

I concur with the OP.

After seeing an AWESOME deal on a YC balcony room, with a very minimal deposit.. I snatched it up.

THEN I started reading the reviews of this new ship...

OH MY! I had 2 sailings reserved, promptly dropped one...and I'm holding my breath that before the other final payment comes due that at least HALF of the reviews start to sound more promising!

With the status match, low price, and Yacht Club reservation, I'm hoping that I have navigated around some of the complaints to have a fair experience.

Food in YC, location of cabin to avoid the smell of the midship cabins on Seaside are primary and should be ok.

Cancelling or rate drops...not gonna be easy or worthwhile. Last minute bookings seem to be indicated for the best deals.

I did my research AFTER the fact. If I had done so prior, would not have booked. But, I am also thinking that PERHAPS MSC will address some of the negative complaints. And if they do not, well...I will find out if it is worth what I paid. I'm easy going...my traveling partner is NOT. So, while I will have a good time regardless (I can always eat pizza if food genuinely is worse than Carnival)...he gets a little bent out of shape if things aren't up to snuff.

If YC experience folks start to complain...then I will cancel a week before 90days.

But, OP is correct, in my opinion... the reviews for MSC are well below the average on cruise critic. And that goes for Divina recent reviews, as well as the Seaside.

I don't understand those who seem to get upset by criticisms of this ship. To me it's constructive criticism because it is entirely based on that persons experience which might be totally different from someone else's experience. Cruise Critic is so awesome because we have access to everyone's experiences and reviews and then get to choose for ourselves if we want to experience it for ourselves or pass. I don't seriously consider the off the wall horrible reviews , but I do look for patterns and repeat complaints. If there are too many similar complaints about something important to me I have plenty of other cruise companies to book with instead. No one is picking on the Seaside. We all just want a enjoyable cruise .