Boarding question- group includes a suite

texkat

We'll be sailing out of Long Beach on the Sapphire with a family group. There's one suite, the rest (4 other cabins) are insides and balconies.

My question is: would the occupants of the suite be able to stay in the checkin and boarding lines with the rest of the party? Although priority boarding is nice :) , what if the passengers in the suite would prefer to wait and board with the rest of the group?

Just not sure how the ticket desks and waiting areas are set up in Long Beach, and whether we'll each be shuffled off to different areas before boarding... Thanks for any insight from recent West Coast cruisers!

Suite passengers have thier own check-in counter, which is usually shared with Platinum or Elite Check-in. THis for full suites only, not mini-suites. Check-in appeared to go very fast for all decks, so your friends could check-in and then just wait a few minutes for the rest of the group. Once checked in, everone proceeds to ship/cabin equally.

PS -- this is the way it was in FLL

I would double check and see if you are checking in in San Pedro or Long Beach. I thought it was all changed to San Pedro (but could be wrong). The piers are pretty close to each other so if they did switch, I wouldn't panic.

Don't worry about checking in. The suites and Platinum/Elite are usually together but that line hasn't been any quicker then the other lines on the cruises I have been on. The others most likely will check in via the correct deck. I would just have everyone check-in at the appropriate desk and then gather before you get on the ship.

Sometimes, at least in my case recently when I was Platinum and my niece was a first time cruiser, the entire party was allowed to check in at the Platinum desk - granted, there were only 2 in our party, but the Princess rep didn't know that when she offered to keep the entire party together.

So, maybe your entire group will be lucky/stay together and be able to check in at the Suite desk.

I'd say everyone should approach the Princess rep with the Suite holders and see what happens. I think if the people in the Suite ask if the entire party can accompany them into the checkout line, it will be permitted. If not, the worst that can happen is that you have to get in the other line.

Pandaman- yep, it's a full suite. And we're really looking forward to the splurge! :D

Have a great cruise. :)

We just came off a full suite on the Sea Princess and loved being pampered. Don't forget to ask for the Down pillows:p ! And if there is any of the amenities that the ship or your steward forgets... ask!

Okay, first on my list is: make sure we get to the right pier. (The cruise isn't until March, so we'll get all the details in order when we get our docs. DH is EXTREMELY organized about things like that. :D )

Next is: Make sure we really, really enjoy that suite! The rest of the group is extended family, some are older (we'll have 4 generations), and all are first time cruisers (except for hubby, myself and our son). We've booked the Owner's Suite, thinking that having that space and being able to entertain the group and have a gathering spot would be nice. This could be a once-in-a-lifetime splurge for us, we'll see. (Oh, no- what if this makes it hard to ever cruise in a normal room? :confused: My cruising may be severely curtailed after this... :p )

Archived