To all you B@B cruisers

rwilk1129

If you bought it first segment, it is delivered first segment. At least for 7 day B2B Caribbean cruises. They also let you hand carry bottles back to your room if bought on the day before disembarkation for the first segment, from ships stores.:cool:

If you bought it first segment, it is delivered first segment. At least for 7 day B2B Caribbean cruises. They also let you hand carry bottles back to your room if bought on the day before disembarkation for the first segment, from ships stores.:cool:

This has also been my experience on a 14 day B2B on Regal

If you are staying in the same cabin your cruise card will have the full date range - if buying at the end of the first segment an alert clerk should notice that you are not leaving the next morning and hold the liquor until the last night - sometimes you get it early and sometimes you don't.

If you are staying in the same cabin your cruise card will have the full date range - if buying at the end of the first segment an alert clerk should notice that you are not leaving the next morning and hold the liquor until the last night - sometimes you get it early and sometimes you don't.

Not sure that is correct. I am looking at my cruise cards on a B2B on the Diamond in Oct and Nov. One says 10/27/17 to 11/10/17. The other says 11/10/17 to 11/19/17. I have always received a new cruise card for the second segment of a B2B. Incidentally, on that ship there was never an eyebrow raised if I brought back a bottle of sake or wine or even a few cans of Taiwan beer in any of the ports.

On the liquor form it actually asks when you disimbark the ship. Obviously it’s down to the passenger to be truthful

Ah....a part of the form I neglected to read. ;)

Maybe that's why most people choose to get it delivered to the cabin on the last day of the first leg. :cool:

Are things handled differently on B2B cruises? I've done many over the years and never received a new card? However, I've never done one originating and ending in the states, maybe that is why?

We had it both ways. Sometimes you'll get 1 card to cover both trips, sometimes not. We always book them as separate cruises.

Different cruise lines handle it differently :). But our experience on Princess is that if you book a longer cruise (that includes more then one segment), as long as its booked as a single cruise (with one booking number) you will get a single cruise card good for the entire voyage. But if you book it as 2 or more cruises (with different booking numbers) they will close out your account at the end of each segment and issue you a new cruise card. Its more an accounting issue then anything else.

On Celebrity they always issue a new card for each cruise. On HAL its one card for the entire voyage, even if your voyage is many months in length.

Hank

On the liquor form it actually asks when you disimbark the ship. Obviously it’s down to the passenger to be truthful

I don't remember any "liquor form". On the last day of the first leg I just walk down to the liquor store, pick a bottle of scotch from the shelf, hand the clerk my cruise card, sign the receipt and take it back to my room. BTW, I didn't plan to consume it on board; it was a gift for my BIL.

I made a back-to-back pair of cruises last February aboard the Regal Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale. One was a 7 day booking and the other was a 14 booking. They were booked separately. Upon initial check-in at the cruise ship terminal I was given my cruise card and it had a date range, (02/05/17 to 02/26/17) on it that spanned the entire 21 days.