SAILING ON EPIC - Self Disembarkation, will we make an 11:00am flight out

We are sailing on the Epic in September. We have to book our own air, not through cruise ship. The person in charge of booking the flights has suggested an 11:00 am flight from Barcelona on the day the ship returns. Is this doable? Flying from Barcelona back to the US? I've never been to that airport, or sailing in Med. It makes me nervous. I'd like to just stay an extra day, but my husband's employer is paying for and booking the flight. Anyone who can speak to this? Thanks in advance!

it's been discussed several times on the Europe ports of call forum and the consensus seems to be it will be OK for an 11 am flight

Barcelona airport is about 30 mins by taxi from cruise terminal and self disembarkation being one of first off ship around 7am after ship cleared should get you to airport ahead of 3 hours before for international flight

there is a long line of taxis at cruise port which can have an equally long line of customers

however it tends to move quickly-20 minutes it took us at a peak time to get to front of line

However if you want to be on the safe side you could pre book a transfer

taxis to airport are a set 30 euros fare

1100 Flight

0800 is 3 hours prior for arrival

0730 is latest to depart port

0500 is scheduled arrival time

Doable? Absolutely. But as Maniacal said, you are betting that everything goes right.

Even if they start self disembarkation on time at 0700, you are betting on no delay at customs getting off the ship.

You are betting on no traffic issues, are you getting off on a workday? Will it be rush hour? Will there be any traffic accidents?

You are betting on no problems when you get to the airport, will there be customs issues there? Will there be a problem with their version of TSA?

• 2 weeks later...