Pearl - 2Bdrm Family Suite - Haven vs Non-Haven

Cruisegirl0413

We just booked a non-Haven 2 bedroom family on the Pearl, our favorite ship, for our Cruise to Alaska in June. Our PCC wasn’t very helpful in explaining the difference between the non-Haven 2 bdrm and the Haven 2 brdm other than the Haven “has a private sun deck”. Really! Does anyone have any info they can share. Butler/Concierge, private dinning... etc. for the non-suite 2 bdrm suite. Thank you for any info you may have.

The only difference is access to the Haven area, everything else is the same. On that class of ship, the Haven is small and doesn’t have amenities like private restaurant etc that are found on the bigger ships. There is an underlying air of higher class” amongst the staff when dealing with Haven/non-haven passengers, but it’s never meant a great deal to us. Plus there is often a significant difference in price between the two categories, which to us is not warranted.

We too book non-haven two bedroom suites and love it! Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just booked a non-Haven 2 bedroom family on the Pearl, our favorite ship, for our Cruise to Alaska in June. Our PCC wasn’t very helpful in explaining the difference between the non-Haven 2 bdrm and the Haven 2 brdm other than the Haven “has a private sun deck”. Really! Does anyone have any info they can share. Butler/Concierge, private dinning... etc. for the non-suite 2 bdrm suite. Thank you for any info you may have.

PCC was accurate. You only miss the tiny courtyard and sundeck.

You get all of the suites/Havens perks. You will be invited to the Havens officers reception. You will be invited to the Havens glacier watching party.

IMHO on the jewel class of ship I would save the $ and book the non haven 2 bedroom suite - usually, it is quite a bit of savings.... You get all the same perks except for the haven courtyard and small pool, on our Alaska cruise on the jewel they let us go up to the haven a few times to view glaciers. (they gave us hot cocoa and blankets)

I am currently bidding on an upgrade to a non haven 2 bedroom suite. If I understand things correctly, I will not receive certain perks that would be offered had I booked the room directly. Can anyone explain what perks I would lose out on by aquiring this room type through bidding?

I am currently bidding on an upgrade to a non haven 2 bedroom suite. If I understand things correctly, I will not receive certain perks that would be offered had I booked the room directly. Can anyone explain what perks I would lose out on by aquiring this room type through bidding?

It's not the suite perks your missing. You'll get all of those. It's the extras that came with your booking (like free UBP, etc.)

You should keep any booking perks you had with your original cabin though. .

Well, for what it's worth, I upgraded to a one bd pent. On the pearl 11/2017 and it being a suite, got full use of the haven, and breakfast daily at Moderno, with both butler and conceigere. Was great! Was a BIG anniversary. And they REALLY did us right. Love the Pearl. Hope you do to!

Well, for what it's worth, I upgraded to a one bd pent. On the pearl 11/2017 and it being a suite, got full use of the haven, and breakfast daily at Moderno, with both butler and conceigere. Was great! Was a BIG anniversary. And they REALLY did us right. Love the Pearl. Hope you do to!

Was your upgraded penthouse located IN the Haven?

Was your upgraded penthouse located IN the Haven?

Yes. Last cabin starboard. Ten ft from courtyard door entrance. Very quite! Used all the amenities of the haven, but it was deffinitly called a suite, not a haven suite. Those cabins were more forward of the courtyard. Two in particular were up a short flight of stairs, just across from the ele.

Yes. Last cabin starboard. Ten ft from courtyard door entrance. Very quite! Used all the amenities of the haven, but it was deffinitly called a suite, not a haven suite. Those cabins were more forward of the courtyard. Two in particular were up a short flight of stairs, just across from the ele.

If you had a suite in the Haven, you were in a Haven suite. That’s why you got the Haven perks, aka use of the Haven area. Suites outside the Haven (except the Owner’s suites) do not have access to the Haven area on the Pearl.

If you had a suite in the Haven, you were in a Haven suite. That’s why you got the Haven perks, aka use of the Haven area. Suites outside the Haven (except the Owner’s suites) do not have access to the Haven area on the Pearl.

Well, thanks for the clarification. I guess I totally missed the fact that I had a haven suite. Non of my paperwork acknowledge this fact. Guess I was just lucky! Sorry to have misinformed anyone.

We loved our two bedroom family suite on the Pearl. However, be aware that a couple of the non-Haven two bedroom suites are directly below the gym. Dropping the free weights and running on the treadmills above us shook the light fixtures and the ceiling many times from the early morning to late in the evening.

• 1 year later...

Hello All, We are booked on the NCL Pearl, June 6, 2020 to Canada/New England.  This is my 18th cruise and is my 40th wedding anniversary.  I Originally booked a Suite for My wife, 33 year old son and myself.  Next to the Suite was another cabin with a deck for my daughter and significant other. I was uncomfortable with the suite due to not having a private master bedroom.  I also like the notion of a yacht within a ship "Haven" experience.  I recently upgraded my cabin to a 2-bedroom Villa in the "Haven".  I (and my family) are obviously spoiled.

My question is kind of simple.  My daughter is worried that the second bedroom bed will not be comfortable. That it will be uneven and lumpy.  I really think she is just upset she won't have her own room, LOL.  Can someone give me a review of sorts for the comfort of the second bedroom bed in the 2 bedroom Haven.  Thank you all in advance.

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Hello All, We are booked on the NCL Pearl, June 6, 2020 to Canada/New England.  This is my 18th cruise and is my 40th wedding anniversary.  I Originally booked a Suite for My wife, 33 year old son and myself.  Next to the Suite was another cabin with a deck for my daughter and significant other. I was uncomfortable with the suite due to not having a private master bedroom.  I also like the notion of a yacht within a ship "Haven" experience.  I recently upgraded my cabin to a 2-bedroom Villa in the "Haven".  I (and my family) are obviously spoiled.

My question is kind of simple.  My daughter is worried that the second bedroom bed will not be comfortable. That it will be uneven and lumpy.  I really think she is just upset she won't have her own room, LOL.  Can someone give me a review of sorts for the comfort of the second bedroom bed in the 2 bedroom Haven.  Thank you all in advance.

Making sure I understand - You went from 5 people in two cabins to 5 people in the one cabin, yes?

You and your wife will be in the master bedroom, which of course is amazing.  Your son I assume will be on the couch in the living room?  We never tried this so I can't say how comfy that one is.  Daughter and SO will be in the smaller 2nd bedroom?  They'll have a couch that folds out into what I think was a double bed size, and a pullman that can be utilized if space is really an issue (might work well for additional storage if nothing else).  My kids (12 at the time) absolutely loved their room and had zero complaints about comfort.  Then again, they camp fairly frequently so they may not know what comfort lovers want!  I have heard that you can request an egg crate which makes the bed more comfortable, if needed.

LeesaB: Thank you.  You are absolutely correct.  We will have Five people in the room.  Five is a tough cruise number.  My son is 33 and just had the exact accommodations with the couch in the living room on our last cruise on Celebrity.  That is no going to be an issue.  My daughter is 28 and her SO is 25.  The information about the second bedroom was great.  The mattress pad (egg shell) information was especially welcoming. What I think is going to happen is once my family sees the Haven and its privacy, no one will be complaining. 

Thank you again for taking the time to educate a fellow traveler.

The second bedroom is small but not bad at all.   The bedding is very comfortable.   My teens (one is 5'10) always love staying in the second bedroom and most certainly like the privacy that a separate bedroom gives.     It has it's own bathroom, storage is adequate.  The mattresses are real mattresses.     Having the Haven and all the Haven perks will be great for your family, even at the expense of a smaller bedroom.