Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, All-ready2cruise said:

We already have 10 cabins booked 2/13/21-2/19/21 out of Miami.  We grabbed it with the 3/4th free and free air for first two, and it's the week our kids are off for winter break.  Going to be a long wait!  LOL 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, floridian1 said:

OMG..It's Coming to MIAMI!!! I'll def. be buying a cruisenext certificate when I sail the Bliss in June!:hearteyes::hearteyes:

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, All-ready2cruise said:

Sorry my post showed up twice, couldn't delete one. 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, floridian1 said:

Edited by bambilin
duplicate post

1 hour ago, bambilin said:

We already have 10 cabins booked 2/13/21-2/19/21 out of Miami.  We grabbed it with the 3/4th free and free air for first two, and it's the week our kids are off for winter break.  Going to be a long wait!  LOL 

Hopefully, bambilin, this your message because it sure isn't mine (I'd need a lot more than 10 cabins for my family cruise).  Why you quoted me, I don't know, but, you used my name to post the message after removing my text. Please don't quote someone if you're going to post your own message just write your message in the new text box at the bottom of the page. 

Thanks and enjoy your cruise. 

47 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Hopefully, bambilin, this your message because it sure isn't mine (I'd need a lot more than 10 cabins for my family cruise).  Why you quoted me, I don't know, but, you used my name to post the message after removing my text. Please don't quote someone if you're going to post your own message just write your message in the new text box at the bottom of the page. 

Thanks and enjoy your cruise. 

Oh gosh, yes, my message and  that was not my intention at all.  I do not know how that happened!! I am so sorry!  

Just off the bliss and LOVED the ship!  Laser tag was booked very quickly and everyone loved it so it makes sense why they are expanding that.  Spice H2O was not nearly as packed as it was on Getaway and Escape so again that shift makes sense!  I think people like being where the action is since the pool deck area was always busy!  We are booked 1/5/2020 on Encore!  CANNOT wait and love love all the information on here!

My wife and I booked for the last weekend of May, 2020 to Bermuda.  We've been on RCCL our last few trips (Oasis & Freedom) and are really looking forward to what this ship will have.  I've never sailed on a brand new ship before, so this is really exciting!

Even with it being over a year from our sailing, is there anything we need to look out for, specifically with NCL that I might not be used to?  It'll be my first on this line since 1996 when I sailed on the Dreamward, and I know its completely different since then, so any help would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Is there still a 2nd?  I was thinking the new technique with the elongated basin was that the single exterior mega block will be floated in to meet the bow (which will be moved back to where soectrum’s bow is now), then the aft is built in place.

edit: or by 2nd, are you referring to the bow section?

Doug, the hall 6 was lengthed by 120 m to 504 m back in 2008.  I don´t know about any recent lengthening.

The mega block building technique was usually two mega blocks which are joined together and then bow and aft sections are added. The AIDAnova first mega block did have the aft section already added when it floated out but not finished up to the top. The second block did not have the bow section added.

The Norwegian Bliss second mega block had the name on it on the side but no bow (video). The first mega block did not have any aft section (video).

steamboats

some years ago they made the hall / dock ( not sure, but think too ) some meters longer, i think it was before Bliss, or at they same time.

they can float spectrum out without the bow section of encore. they are in the right position for that.

6E7EF398-AB43-4C0D-A9A8-E6B897FE13CE.jpe

Edited by Steff79

On 1/14/2019 at 11:57 AM, TheDougOut said:

Is it just me, or is there less excitement (and activity) this time around with the Encore?  Maybe this a consequence of the CruiseCritic site changes & less board activity, or maybe NCL just isn’t delivering much “wow”.  What do you think? 

Bumping thread with latest web cam pic...

6E7EF398-AB43-4C0D-A9A8-E6B897FE13CE.jpeg

I think a lot has to do with the lack of board activity in general with the new cruise critic.

44 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

The dark black circle (oval) hanging over the edge.  Probably an optical illusion, but could be a jacuzzi.

That's one of the two previous seen hoovering hot tubs from a few posts ago,

They are temporarily raised on one side due to their overhanging shape and awaiting installment (after float out?). 

edit2: not sure how this new post quote works but it's post 948 with the hot tubs..

Edited by FreestyleNovice