Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

12 minutes ago, SailBreakaway said:

Conveyance? Should be this week, right?. If not, for those of us on the TA, this would be concerning and a mean a delay in the plan. 

Interesting note on the MW site, esp the strong cease and desist part!?! I mean people are actually calling?

This was posted this morning, but I didn’t know the source...

DBB6A3B1-3543-4EF2-A418-60CA109A7CBF.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SailBreakaway said:

Interesting note on the MW site, esp the strong cease and desist part!?! I mean people are actually calling?

That notice has been on their website for months, so don't read anything into it. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 5:23 PM, smplybcause said:

On other ships it's a set number of passes, I wouldn't think they'd deviate from that on encore. 

Whether it's worth it depends on what you think. I never bothered with it even when it was half the price - spice handled all my adult-only needs. But without a spice vibe is the only adult-only area up on deck and now all adult-only areas all come with a surcharge (vibe and the spa).

If I ever find myself on encore I'll strongly consider vibe, but have no plans to go on encore at the moment - having to pay for vibe makes it more expensive than any other ship and I very much like the ability to be away from kids. 

I loved Vibe when I went solo on the Escape. I do think I did not experience close to half of the ship since I was there most days or at DBH. Just another reason I want to sail her again.

I was actually surprised to see that it says Vibe is open until 11pm on what someone posted on the last page. I remember it always shutting down around dinner time. Definitely done by 8pm. Is this a new thing fleetwide or just for Encore? I used vibe back in 2016 (Caribbean cruise so it wasn't a weather issue).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

I loved Vibe when I went solo on the Escape. I do think I did not experience close to half of the ship since I was there most days or at DBH. Just another reason I want to sail her again.

I was actually surprised to see that it says Vibe is open until 11pm on what someone posted on the last page. I remember it always shutting down around dinner time. Definitely done by 8pm. Is this a new thing fleetwide or just for Encore? I used vibe back in 2016 (Caribbean cruise so it wasn't a weather issue).

I read somewhere, not sure if it was this thread or somewhere else, that all the parties that were in spice will be in vibe. So it kinda makes sense to just keep it open until it becomes public space. Having to shut everything down then open back up an hour or two later is a pain. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I read somewhere, not sure if it was this thread or somewhere else, that all the parties that were in spice will be in vibe. So it kinda makes sense to just keep it open until it becomes public space. Having to shut everything down then open back up an hour or two later is a pain. 

I’d be surprised.  They already abandoned Spice in favor of parties around the pool deck on prior ships, and it appears Encore has the same setup in regard to big screen, bandstand, lighting, etc.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

I’d be surprised.  They already abandoned Spice in favor of parties around the pool deck on prior ships, and it appears Encore has the same setup in regard to big screen, bandstand, lighting, etc.  

Has that changed recently, or are you talking about recent ships? We were on the Escape last December and (weather permitting) all the parties were held at Spice. We were on an NYE cruise, so there was a New Years party on the pool deck running concurrently with the Spice part (and other parties held at other venues on the ship) but Spice was where GLOW, the 80s party, etc were held.

Edited by kayteecat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kayteecat said:

Has that changed recently, or are you talking about recent ships? We were on the Escape last December and (weather permitting) all the parties were held at Spice. We were on an NYE cruise, so there was a New Years party on the pool deck running concurrently with the Spice part (and other parties held at other venues on the ship) but Spice was where GLOW, the 80s party, etc were held.

Right... it’s a ship-by-ship thing.  Bliss (where Spice looked like a half-abandoned afterthought) and Joy moved the deck parties to the less-club-like pool-deck.

edit: although we saw hints of this on the Escape, as well, when they moved sailaway party to the pool deck.  

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Right... it’s a ship-by-ship thing.  Bliss (where Spice looked like a half-abandoned afterthought) and Joy moved the deck parties to the less-club-like pool-deck.

edit: although we saw hints of this on the Escape, as well, when they moved sailaway party to the pool deck.  

Got it! We sailed away from NYC on a rainy day in December, so no pool deck party or if there was, it was sparsely attended. I honestly think I won't mind having those moved to the pool deck - if I want to feel like I'm in a night club, the Skyline Lounge fits the bill nicely. We'll of course see how it works out in practice. I think I will only miss Spice during the day, I loved going back there for a drink and some aft views.

6 hours ago, kayteecat said:

Got it! We sailed away from NYC on a rainy day in December, so no pool deck party or if there was, it was sparsely attended. I honestly think I won't mind having those moved to the pool deck - if I want to feel like I'm in a night club, the Skyline Lounge fits the bill nicely. We'll of course see how it works out in practice. I think I will only miss Spice during the day, I loved going back there for a drink and some aft views.

Always enjoy a nice aft view.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Monday evening ( German time ) the encore will start her travel to the ocean. About 10 pm will they start

From google translate, I can’t tell how much of this is guessing vs. official?

The exact times are now to be communicated. However, the final plan could be revised by the weather conditions again. Currently he looks like this:

Monday, 30.09.2019: 22:00: Passage dock lock

Tuesday, 01.10.2019: 03:30 clock: Passage Weener bridge

05:45: Passage Jann-Berghaus Bridge

09:30 clock: arrival Emsperrwerk

15:00: Passing Emsperrwerk

16:30 pm: Passage Seeschleuse Emden

https://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/news/meyer-werft-ueberfuehrung-der-norwegian-encore-steht-bevor/188573/

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

From google translate, I can’t tell how much of this is guessing vs. official?

The exact times are now to be communicated. However, the final plan could be revised by the weather conditions again.

Doug,

Those are the times Meyer posted on FB and in a press release (which is not yet online on their website). So this is official.

But... weather depending... and the forecasted wind doesn´t sound good.

steamboats

• Like 1