Norwegian Pearl Two Bedroom Family Suite vs Penthouse Suite and a second room

ShaniBell

Good morning,

We are in the early planning stages of a March 2019 cruise on the Pearl and are trying to determine the room arrangement that best accomodates our family's needs.

Traveling - Me, hubby, our 11 year old daughter and my mother

Options: One 2 bedroom family suite or one penthouse suite for hubby and I plus a second room for mom and daughter

Booking two rooms is slightly more expensive, but only nominally so and would give us all Signature Dining for at least 3 nights vs 3 nights for the first two guests only in a family suite. We would also get $400 in onboard credits between the two rooms vs $300 in a family suite. We would also gain some privacy and kiddo would get her own bed vs sleeping on the sleeper in the family suite's living room.

We may be able to bring mom and kiddo to the breakfasts, etc that the suite guests are entitled to but I'm not 100% certain on that but with room service and other dining options, this is certainly not a deal breaker for us.

Thoughts for those of you familiar with this ship would be greatly appreciated.

can your daughter sleep on the pull down bunk in teh second room? if they are willing to do that, id go 2 bedroom. you cannot bring non-suite guests into breakfast and lunch, and you cant bring non-haven guests into the haven area. they can come to your room. you really cant make a habit of ordering them food from either place to your room if they arent suite guests.

can your daughter sleep on the pull down bunk in teh second room? if they are willing to do that, id go 2 bedroom. you cannot bring non-suite guests into breakfast and lunch, and you cant bring non-haven guests into the haven area. they can come to your room. you really cant make a habit of ordering them food from either place to your room if they arent suite guests.

Thank you, the information about the pull down is helpful. I wasn't finding anything online referencing it's actual existence so I was thinking my daughter would be stuck on the sleeper in the living room.

Knowing there is a bunk makes me lean towards the 2 bedroom suite vs separate rooms.

and...go Pats :) I'm originally from Boston myself.

I can attest that the pull down in the second bedroom is quite comfortable even for a grown man (I'm 6'0). I would think that would be ideal, and you could all share the living room area as a common space.

This was exactly what we were thinking. If there was no pull down, our daughter would have been taking up the shared space which is what we did not want. With the pulldown that "problem" is solved.

Thanks everyone for your input/feedback.

We did the 2br family suite in Alaska on the Pearl a couple years ago with 3 of us (Myself, DW, and then 6yo DD) and we loved it. I have a trip report in my signature below. Thought the pics can not be seen thanks to photobucket changing their policy, I do have a video on youtube in the report of the room.

In your situation I would def go with the 2br family suite. I would say the pros of the 2br outweigh the pros of 2 rooms.

Another Pat's fan from Boston