Just booked Seaside. Thank you Spaniel Lover

GOLDENBONNY

Every time MSC brings new ship there is 'worries" about how they gonna do . Same was with Divina . They gonna do just fine . Couple week ago I been reading RCL forum and reviews there are not too good as well , same with any other cruise line, always will be lots of unhappy cruisers. Cruising become too affordable, and any one who paid $500.00 for cabin thinks for some reason, he can now demand high class standards . Yesterday I been doing some search and there are many many very happy cruisers, and many good videos on YouTube about Seaside. Plus American consumers is not the whole World , many Europeans do cruise in Caribbeans . If anything the whole industry makes me wonder with so many ships in seas what they gonna do?

Well. I wish all those happy cruisers would write some reviews so that the seaside would get off of being the lowest rated NA port cruise ship on CC's review page.

Wow, I can hardly count the number of unsubstantiated assumptions in this post. Who exactly IS this "average" American? I know lots of people and they're all individuals, no two exactly alike. And how do you know that people who cruise don't read any reviews, here or elsewhere? YouTube is, I suspect, a very popular channel for people and there are already many reviews of the Seaside there. With all due respect, I think you are making way too many assumptions here. Your last sentence "They are not going to get that message, and they will be on another cruiseline," how do you know this? Have you done any market research? Asked the proverbial "man on the street?" If you have, please let us know. But I'm afraid I have trouble doubting the accuracy of your predictions, and have to conclude they're just speculative. Sorry.

Let's keep it positive people and exited about our upcoming cruises. :*

Let's keep it positive people and exited about our upcoming cruises. :*

Hey, I'm a fun-loving guy and very positive. I just don't like wild speculation and unsubstantiated rumors... You can be both positive and also want accuracy. They're not mutually exclusive. ;)

Well. I wish all those happy cruisers would write some reviews so that the seaside would get off of being the lowest rated NA port cruise ship on CC's review page.

Really, you that much believe what is posted on CC? You did not do any other search ? :confused:

I do have to say I find some of the items about the Seaside puzzling. For instance of breakfast, our two sailings on the Divina and all our sailings on Carnival, Disney, NCL, Royal and Princess - I didn't see where MSC was missing anything. Hardest thing to find was an omelet station but they had one. I have yet to find any cruise line with normal pork sausage patties (that I would prefer over links and bacon). But they all have yogurts, pastries, fruits, beans (what????), breads, pancakes, eggs, etc, etc. Didn't find MSC to not have anything I have found on other cruise lines. Only thing my husband has trouble with is not all lines have Cream of Wheat.

Meals - again I found to be more similar, other than more pasta dishes. Deserts, again pretty much the same.

I do like the shows on MSC, even though my sister for instance finds them to be horrible, and the exact same show over and over and over. I personally found them to be a bit different, though still somewhat familiar - but still good shows.

I can't wait for our cruise in May and see how the Seaside really is.

Wow, I can hardly count the number of unsubstantiated assumptions in this post. Who exactly IS this "average" American? I know lots of people and they're all individuals, no two exactly alike. And how do you know that people who cruise don't read any reviews, here or elsewhere? YouTube is, I suspect, a very popular channel for people and there are already many reviews of the Seaside there. With all due respect, I think you are making way too many assumptions here. Your last sentence "They are not going to get that message, and they will be on another cruiseline," how do you know this? Have you done any market research? Asked the proverbial "man on the street?" If you have, please let us know. But I'm afraid I have trouble doubting the accuracy of your predictions, and have to conclude they're just speculative. Sorry.

You are way over reading it man. And being strangely defensive. I'm not trying to substantiate anything. All I'm doing is speculating, assuming, predicting and speculating which I am more than welcome to do despite your objection. I'm just making forum conversation and people like you get all bent out of shape. You could just read my post, disagree with my assumptions, and move on. Of course people read reviews. That's what I actually said. That's the point. The seaside is currently the lowest rated ship on CC sailing from NA and people go to Youtube and see a TA post a video and being disappointed and a video about bad smells. Moving forward, I choose to not respond to you.

Really, you that much believe what is posted on CC? You did not do any other search ? :confused:

Unfortunately, I way over research stuff. My wife things I have a problem. So yes, I probably have read as much as there is out there about the seaside. Im planning for our spring break 2019 and still looking hard at new reviews and video still coming in.

You are way over reading it man. And being strangely defensive. I'm not trying to substantiate anything. All I'm doing is speculating, assuming, predicting and speculating which I am more than welcome to do despite your objection. I'm just making forum conversation and people like you get all bent out of shape. You could just read my post, disagree with my assumptions, and move on. Of course people read reviews. That's what I actually said. That's the point. The seaside is currently the lowest rated ship on CC sailing from NA and people go to Youtube and see a TA post a video and being disappointed and a video about bad smells. Moving forward, I choose to not respond to you.

Not being defensive, dude, just pointing out things I thought were presented without evidence. It's funny, because yesterday I got raked over the coals by a self-described fact-checker. Anyway, I don't think you realize what's going on: people are posting subjective negative reviews about the ship which is contributing to its low rating. Which is a shame because I read very good things about it, too. I also found it ironic that you suggested I just move on. OK, then you can, too?

I'm also trying to understand your point. You've thoroughly read all the CC reviews concerning Seaside and then some. I fully appreciate your due diligence. You then decided that the Seaside is not for you. Nothing at all wrong with that. People work long and hard for their well deserved vacations. What I don't understand is why you and others that have cancelled continue to lurk around these forums. I appreciate reviews from people that have actually experienced something. You have not. You all talk as if you have expertise on the Seaside and every single American cruiser. It's you and the criticizers that haven't sailed on the ship that can't move on. How can you possibly contribute to any of these discussions just repeating other peoples actual experiences. Basically all you are doing is trolling.

Not being defensive, dude, just pointing out things I thought were presented without evidence. It's funny, because yesterday I got raked over the coals by a self-described fact-checker. Anyway, I don't think you realize what's going on: people are posting subjective negative reviews about the ship which is contributing to its low rating. Which is a shame because I read very good things about it, too. I also found it ironic that you suggested I just move on. OK, then you can, too?

Dang it. I said I would not respond. I failed. I don't claim any evidence. I am purely speculating and wondering about people seeing the bad reviews and moving on. I'm just really curious about the overall effect that it has on what kind of people go on the seaside. You could have just said that you disagree with my assumptions and I would have gotten the same message. Your post felt very attack oriented.

Dang it. I said I would not respond. I failed. I don't claim any evidence. I am purely speculating and wondering about people seeing the bad reviews and moving on. I'm just really curious about the overall effect that it has on what kind of people go on the seaside. You could have just said that you disagree with my assumptions and I would have gotten the same message. Your post felt very attack oriented.

You have my sincere apologies if you felt attacked. I am an imperfect person but I do not attack, so if it felt that way to you, I am sorry. Enjoy the rest of your day. :D

I'm also trying to understand your point. You've thoroughly read all the CC reviews concerning Seaside and then some. I fully appreciate your due diligence. You then decided that the Seaside is not for you. Nothing at all wrong with that. People work long and hard for their well deserved vacations. What I don't understand is why you and others that have cancelled continue to lurk around these forums. I appreciate reviews from people that have actually experienced something. You have not. You all talk as if you have expertise on the Seaside and every single American cruiser. It's you and the criticizers that haven't sailed on the ship that can't move on. How can you possibly contribute to any of these discussions just repeating other peoples actual experiences. Basically all you are doing is trolling.

Actually, I am here looking and planning for my 2019 vacations. While I did cancel for March, I am booked for YC 2019. I also enjoy the conversation surrounding new ships. All the good and the bad and the problems they all work through. I don't think anyone on here is going to be persuaded by me one way of the other anyway.

OK...I'm gonna play peacemaker...lol BestNCCruiser.... I have reservations about MSC as well.... DCGuy64 and I have gotten into some spirited back and forths just recently as well. I think we all want MSC to succeed, especially the Seaside. However we each have different views and perceptions/expectations. And when we are talking hard earned money that we are committing to a family vacation.... its understandable!! Thats what this board is here for. I think sometimes others think we are talking about something we have no clue of because we haven't been on the ship or cruiseline. However from the other side...I will say perception sometimes is reality. Some will say your attacking....while other will say..your being defensive. Bottom line..... we should always try to get into a polite give and take and realize there are 2 sides to everything.....unless someone just brings up something ridiculous!!

Keeping the above in mind.... I must say I was leaning against MSC and the Seaside.... However that has changed, based in part what I continued to research outside Cruise Critic and from other posters on this board. I just booked a cruise on Seaside for end of March. Granted I got a Yacht Club Suite and that will likely shelter me (an insurance policy for a truly enjoyable cruise) from some of the inconsistencies reported on the ship and through the other experiences.... but I plan to board the ship with an open mind and form my own opinion based on my observations and experience.

I can’t wait to sail on Seaside, just because someone says it was their worst cruise out of 43 doesn’t put me off. I hate Dennys and IHOP and don’t like eating buffet for main dinner. I like a classy leisurely evening in the main dining room. I’m not a fan of Opera but it’s only one show out of 7, how could that possibly affect my overall Cruise enjoyment? The smell problem was fixed last weekend and all other issues have been resolved and seeing some great positive reviews coming out now. Roll on May for me :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The smell problem was fixed last weekend and all other issues have been resolved and seeing some great positive reviews coming out now. Roll on May for me :-)

The smell issue matters to me. Can you please share where you have concluded that the smell issue has been resolved? People coming off the ship on Saturday stated a terrible sewer smell still exists and MSc has admitted to it being a design flaw in construction which they are working on. I’m also hopeful it’s been fixed but feel that the logical course of action is to wait for people actually on the ship to confirm or deny. Unless, of course, you have other sources (which is entirely possible).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The smell issue matters to me. Can you please share where you have concluded that the smell issue has been resolved? People coming off the ship on Saturday stated a terrible sewer smell still exists and MSc has admitted to it being a design flaw in construction which they are working on. I’m also hopeful it’s been fixed but feel that the logical course of action is to wait for people actually on the ship to confirm or deny. Unless, of course, you have other sources (which is entirely possible).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi a lady in one of the Facebook groups posted an email from MSC acknowledging the reason was as you say and advising the issue was fixed on Sunday, a few people onboard now have reported no issues so hopefully all is good now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums