St. Petersburg - shore tours - odd questions?

tkbd

This is Russia they must take Roubles. Payment must be completed in roubles. I work here and this is even for Russian companies trying to buy something from overseas. The company must agree to be paid in Roubles.

I will use a CC to pay for my Alla tours but How do we tip our guide and driver? In Roubles or would they take $US or Euros ?

I know I'd even prefer less "new best friends" than the 16 in a van than seems the norm. Now you've got me thinking of going full private, but we're only 2 people, and in some ways that's weirder (pressure to answer questions and laugh at strange foreign jokes in my experience). But I do speak Russian, so now... ugh I don't know!

Do not know when you are going but we will arrive May 7 for 2 days & we are using Dancing Bears. So far, there are only 4 for our tour. They are smaller than the other large ones but they came highly recommended

Thanks Ashland, very useful to know, I'll take a look. Although given the current breakdown in Russian relations with UK and other western countries I'm currently holding off actually booking in case we don't actually get to visit!

You're so very welcome. However since you don't actually pay any upfront cost to book with TJ Travel (we paid for our tour the middle of our 2nd day) there's no reason to feel the need to hold back.

Best of luck and I hope you get to make it to St Petersburg .

• 3 weeks later...