Late seating is all that’s available. :-/

julee407

We booked a cruise on the Triumph and the only seating that was available was late seating. We normally book MTD and are on a waiting list for it. Has this happened to anyone, and did you actually get the seating you wanted once on board? Hope we do because we really don’t want to eat that late.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We actually prefer late seating, but yes, we have had it happen where we did not get our preferred seating pre-cruise.

On embarkation day, there should be a time slot noted in the list of activities where you can go meet with the Maitre d' to have any seating adjustments made. Just show up at the dining room at beginning of that time slot and they will fix you up.

Yes, we've booked cruises when only late dining was available a couple of times. We waitlisted for a different seating and were accommodated each time. It depends on the number of priority guests (guaranteed or priority main dining room reservations) who are booked and will end up booking on the particular sailing though. Hopefully your wait list will come through and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

We prefer late seating and once the only time we could get was early seating and we were wait listed for late seating. However, when we boarded our cards showed us as late seating. So we were good - hope it happens that way for you as well!

Kim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Vista in April and are stuck with Anytime. We normally get early seating as my parents dont like to eat any later than 5 and it is all they can do to force themselves to eat at 6ish.... ;p

So, I am anxious to possibly eat at a later time. Also, i hace a few challenges for myself that week. One of them, since we have ATD, is to eat a dinner in the dining room and a dinner at a specialty. I think i can do it if we can get an early seat one night and a late specialty reservation.....

We booked a cruise on the Triumph and the only seating that was available was late seating. We normally book MTD and are on a waiting list for it. Has this happened to anyone, and did you actually get the seating you wanted once on board? Hope we do because we really don’t want to eat that late.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Go to the buffet.

Go to the buffet.

As helpful as ever. Please read what is being asked and provide answers if you can. Pretty sure they did not as for alternate options.

To answer the question, we have been wait listed twice and as the cruise got closer we were put in early dining per our request. As others have said, visit the maître de when you board. The smaller your group, the better odds you have of getting your request.

We are on the Vista in April and are stuck with Anytime. We normally get early seating as my parents dont like to eat any later than 5 and it is all they can do to force themselves to eat at 6ish.... ;p

So, I am anxious to possibly eat at a later time. Also, i hace a few challenges for myself that week. One of them, since we have ATD, is to eat a dinner in the dining room and a dinner at a specialty. I think i can do it if we can get an early seat one night and a late specialty reservation.....

No worries with anytime dining. I wouldn't even worry about switching. You will have no problem being seated early ....The busy time is usually between 6:30-7. Any time dining is in Horizon Dining Room (aft part of ship)

Because I booked late, we were assigned late dining (which we did not want) and were waitlisted for YTD. I emailed the maitre’d per some encouragement from these boards the week before our cruise. I got a response back from Carnival saying they could not accommodate our request. So we went on knowing we would have late dining. Just after we boarded, I thought to look at my Sail and Sign card, and there it was...YTD! So all that to say, don’t give up. You may end up with what you want.

Being "stuck" with ATD/YTD means you just show up at 5:45 or maybe earlier, wait 10 min, and get seated anyway, I suspect. The MDR opens for YTD 15 min prior to the Early seating.

This happened to us on our last cruise. Our PVP told metro waitlist you usually get an email the week before you leave approving the change and that's exactly what happened. When we boarded our Sail and Sign had the wrong time but fortunately I had printed a copy of the email and took it to guest services and they got us new cards.