Gratuities

We are looking to do 28 day cruise around Australia with Princess next year. Do we pay daily gratuities? The information I am getting is that from Australia you don't, but on princess website it's states that all princess ships charge this. I know I could take the gratuities off once on board, which I would most probably do as it, works out about 760 dollars but just wondered what the procedure was. Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh yeah and they page the names of all the outstanding bills at disembarkation the names of everyone that has a bill outstanding and you wait until all the passengers pay before the ship is cleared to disembark it's amazing the tip was 1/3 the amount I paid for one passenger for the entire cruise but my credit card did accept the charge so I was not on the list they keep paging all breakfast on disembarkation ... how embarrassing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We are looking to do 28 day cruise around Australia with Princess next year. Do we pay daily gratuities? The information I am getting is that from Australia you don't, but on princess website it's states that all princess ships charge this. I know I could take the gratuities off once on board, which I would most probably do as it, works out about 760 dollars but just wondered what the procedure was. Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends on if the cruise is closed loop Australia and if you purchase the cruise through an Australian TA . If both those, then the gratuities are included in your fare. If not, then they are not included and will be shown on your personalizer.

It depends on if the cruise is closed loop Australia and if you purchase the cruise through an Australian TA . If both those, then the gratuities are included in your fare. If not, then they are not included and will be shown on your personalizer.

Actually it doesn't have to be a closed loop as repositioning cruises that start or finish in Australia switch to AUD onboard costs, and no extra gratuities if booked in Australia or NZ.

I live in uk so will have to book from here , so I believe looking at other posts gratuities will be added on daily

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were looking at that and it’s booked out for 2019 so will have to hope it’s repeated again in 2020

Cheers

We were looking at that and it’s booked out for 2019 so will have to hope it’s repeated again in 2020

Cheers

It will probably be offered in late 2019 (Princess haven't released itineraries past September 2019 yet) and twice in 2020. Just keep checking. Personally I'd look at the first 2020 option (usually around March), if possible, as the weather will be more reliable especially going across the south of Australia.

It will probably be offered in late 2019 (Princess haven't released itineraries past September 2019 yet) and twice in 2020. Just keep checking. Personally I'd look at the first 2020 option (usually around March), if possible, as the weather will be more reliable especially going across the south of Australia.

Also the weather is much nicer when going across the top and visiting places like Cairns, Darwin and such.